Suz L v Abbey

Sue Loftus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all

Sorry for not reporting back sooner but I was disappointed and didn't want to put a damper on things.

Was seen by a really lovely Judge at Bow County Court (Abrahams) who stayed the claim (no surprise there) but was actually very pleasant and fair. The gist of what he said to me really was that if I had another argument other than the Unfair Terms he might be able to make another order but unfortunately everything I said he took to come within the Unfair Terms action with the OFT. However, I did make him smile when I told him I was angry with the Abbey for sending me 8 letters on one day at £32 per time and did not give a monkeys that I was on unpaid maternity leave at the time!

Judge Abrahams did make an order in the case before mine though that the Abbey should stop charging a claimant the fee of £32 until the OFT case was settled in case it was deemed illegal - result for that chap even if he did stay his claim!

Hey ho, it was worth going to court just to oggle the Judge! I'm going to sit back now and wait for the OFT case to sort itself out and enjoy the interest accruing on my claim. Thanks for all your support leading up to the hearing folks.

Sue x

Ah its a shame Sue welcome to the Stay Zone where nothing happens all day long LOL

Sorry I have not been on for a while I have been so busy at work and been away to portugal as well so been a busy boy!

Big hug of Support cant wait for February now!

x Lee x

well done sue shame but inevitbale really wasnt it interesting about the judge saying they cant charge anymore wish they would make a uniform decision to tell them all charges have to be stopped till after the case as they are still charging me but i cant claim it back grrrr:mad:xxxkia

Awww thanks >>> - you give a great hug!! I bet Portugal was lovely - sunnier than Bow in any case lol I'm enjoying spending my money and interesting in my head but am getting used to the idea that it may be less than I was hoping for if the banks/OFT come up with a fair figure that should be charged - at least it won't be sitting in the bank's coffers :)

I'm going to get some nice wool and join the knitting circle - knit one, pearl one, drop one hehehe

Sue