Help - Anyone with a HSBC Small Biz Account

Snorkerz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone who has had one of these accounts with HSBC let me know what their 'fees' were in the middle of 2003?

I'm particually after the regular stuff like paying in cheques and withdrawing funds.

But also the 'naughty stuff' like going over the overdraft etc. I'd really appreciate your help as I need to separate the two types which are combined on my statement.

Thanks All

PS: the "Business Current Account" was for small traders etc - I was a Sole Trader at the time selling stuff on eBay.

Your thread title implies a business account - is this the case?

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yes it is a business account - The actual account name is "Business Current Account".

I have the current charges but I'm sure they were changed recently.

I'll edit the title to reflect the actual account name:-)

You will find that with a business account, a lot of the things that can normally be reclaimed from a personal account connot be refunded on a business account.

My suggestion would be to make a request for all transaction history for the period you are interested in, or alternatively just ask the bank for a list of all the charges that they have applied to accounts over the last six years.

You will be able to claim, naturally, but it may not be quite as much as you expect. The calculations will need to be dilligently made to get a clearer picture.

We will help in this, but the first thing is to get that information together.

Good luck.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi thanks for that - does the fact that it's NOT for a Limited Company make any difference? It was just me trading as a 'Sole Trader'. I know that that entitled me to my statements under the DPA.

My statements give the charges - but not a breakdown! To get that I have to pay HSBC an hourly rate for them to create a report - iirc it was £36 per hour. I have found the 2002 tarriff but want to try and get 2003 to ensure that I can breakdown the fees for myself.

I do understand that 35p to pay a cheque in is lawful, but I suspect that because I am trading as a private individual, £2 per day for being overdrawn isn't. Incidentally I can be overdrawn for free on Weekends & Bank Holidays!

If you are a sole trader, then it is likely that your account is a [name] T/as [business] account. In this you would be able to make standarrd DPA request, and the maximum allowable fee for this would be £10.

It is also likely, as with most HSBC accounts, that anything that is NOT a fee payable service would just be listed as 'charges' or similar. If you check the statements that you DO have, you may find entries similar to "overdraft arr fee = £5"

Clearly you cannot claim for this, and it is therefore implied that all other services will be itemised in a similar way. Anything else is penalty charges, and are therefore unenforceable.

Would suggest you make the DPA request first, and calculate your charges before proceeding with anything else. This also gives the opportunity for any necessary explanation of charges that ARE itemised on your statements.

Good luck, and pop back here with any more questions.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks