style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, following the advice I have been given, I have today telephoned the Gedling Borough Council to let them know the state of affairs with Rossendales and ask if they will take back the debt.

They were absolutely no help whatsoever. They said that they couldn't take control of the debt again because it was already in Rossendales hands. They also said that Rossndales could do what they had said they were going to do, even though they acknowledged that I was paying the monthly amounts via Rossendales online payment system.

They did say, though, that they would telephone Rossendales and ask them to phone me back this afternoon. So far, they haven't done.

I have drafted a letter to Rossendales which can be found on the other thread on this. Apart from this, what else can I do? I cannot afford to pay the whole debt off in one go and Rossendales or Gedling Borough Council don't seem to be listening to me even though I have been paying a monthly amount.

Does anyone have any further advice for me, time is ticking on this.

Ok, if the council won't accept they have a responsibility for the behaviour of their bailiffs, firstly contact a manager if you haven't done so already. If stilln no joy, contact the court where the liability order was granted and also the local government ombudsman.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

• 3 months later...

No good contacting the manager, hes an ex-bailiff !! :-o

My partner used to work for Rossendales and has worked for Gedling Borough Council, they are very tough, will not intervene, and do give permission to uplift..

Sorry its not good news

Law Pack & Small Claims Procedures Ordered Via site :) received 26/10/2006 I thank you :)

Claiming contractual @ £1.40per day ;) take your time Mr West

Can't wait to donate my 5%............. :)

Guest Herbie

Could you let me know the name of the bailiff and I will check to see whether or not he or she is a certificated bailiff.

Please only put the name via private message. I should be able to respond this afternoon.

Herbie,

If you want to know the manager at GBC, he is an ex-bailiff, I used to work with him. He is no longer certificated or practising

Law Pack & Small Claims Procedures Ordered Via site :) received 26/10/2006 I thank you :)

Claiming contractual @ £1.40per day ;) take your time Mr West

Can't wait to donate my 5%............. :)

Guest Herbie

As he is working for the local authority he does not need to be certificated. What I meant was whether the bailiff for Rossendales.

Although reading the thread again, it would not appear that anyone has actually visited. By if they have, then please do let me know and I will search the register.

We updated all of Rossendales just yesterday !!