Bus Lane Penalty Notice Charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5834 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, first time using the Forum. I have just received a Penalty Charge Notice of £100 for driving in a bus lane. The photos show that I am in the bus lane, but the bus lane ends about 3metres after I joined it, and the lane becomes a left hand turn lane at a traffic light cross roads, and I turned left. Basically I did drive in the bus lane, but I wasn't obstructing a bus, the right lane was going straight on and I wanted to turn left. Do you think that it is worth appealing this. Has anyone appealed before even though it is clear from photos that you are actually in the bus lane?

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Hi there, first time using the Forum. I have just received a Penalty Charge Notice of £100 for driving in a bus lane. The photos show that I am in the bus lane, but the bus lane ends about 3metres after I joined it, and the lane becomes a left hand turn lane at a traffic light cross roads, and I turned left. Basically I did drive in the bus lane, but I wasn't obstructing a bus, the right lane was going straight on and I wanted to turn left. Do you think that it is worth appealing this. Has anyone appealed before even though it is clear from photos that you are actually in the bus lane?

Any thoughts would be appreciated

I think youve answered your own question mate

• 1 year later...

Hi

I've just received a PCN for driving in a bus lane. I don't dispute being in the bus lane as the photo is clearly shows me on a bus stop with a solid white line. However I remember the day in question and I avoided the bus lanes that stated you couldn't drive in them at any time. I was careful to only enter the bus lanes that I was allowed to drive in at that time. It was midday on a Saturday.

How can I find the statutory notice for that lane?

Interestingly it was on Camberwell New Road which had an article I found on google about the signage not being clear. £2 million was paid in fines over one year and a 70 year old fought his fine and won, with the adjudicator backing him over TFL.