A&L overdraft fee

dickydido
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6277 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys and Dolls, hope someone can help. I have reached AQ stage for a friend with an account with HSBC and am now doing another with A&L. I have just read the FAQs yet again and I have only just noticed that you cant claim back O/D fees (dont know how I missed that I've read them about 50 times:eek: :rolleyes:) My friend has a £200 facility and is charged £5 per month for that except when she goes over the limit when the charge goes up to sometimes £10 but mostly £25. Surely this is an excessive amount as it is as well as £30 each time she goes over in a month. This means that a considerable amount of the £3600 she wants to claim back is for this fee. The first two letters have been sent(standard letters saying "no" as response) and I was just about to claim for her on MCOL when I read the FACs again. Should I send a revised s/s to A&L, go ahead and claim for the full amount or claim for the revised amount and not advise A&L.:confused: :confused: Sorry it's a bit long, hope someone has some thoughts on this.

Dickydido

If the fee deducted is for a service, I don't think it can be claimed back - however if it is deducted as punishment for going OD ect, then I believe its fair game.

Correct me if i am wrong!

Guest ian cognito

This is claimable as its a daily fee for going overdrawn which is why it differs from month to month, it is charged for the first day you go over your limit then agaiin on the 3rd day (I think), on ech occurance in the month.

Thanks for that ian but this fee is in addition to the daily o/d fee. They charge £5 if you dont go over, if you do the £5 goes up to £10 or £25, then they cherge £0 for going over on every occasion AND £3.50 for every day you remain over. No wonder they make billions per year profit.

If the fee deducted is for a service, I don't think it can be claimed back - however if it is deducted as punishment for going OD ect, then I believe its fair game.

Thats what I think but I'm not sure and I dont want to get it wrong and find that due to claiming for it erroneously something goes wrong. I'm hoping that another A&L customer has had the same problem and reads this and can tell me what they did.

Forgot to say thanks for the reply bob

Thats what I think but I'm not sure and I dont want to get it wrong and find that due to claiming for it erroneously something goes wrong. I'm hoping that another A&L customer has had the same problem and reads this and can tell me what they did.

I am just submitting my first letter - the way I read it is that the £5.00 is a service charge that can not be claimed - but the higher charge of £25.00 is a penalty for going over the overdraft limit and i am claiming those plus failed dd fee/failed cheque fee and paid item fees(which i think are fees for paying a dd subsequent to refusing to pay it)

where the monthly overdraft fee has been over the £5.00 I have claimed the difference.

I am at a similar stage so can only tell you what /i have done but this reply will bump your question.:)

jansus

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

see reply from lazybones on my thread - slightly different opinion.

i suppose the worse that can happen is that they deduct those amounts?

jansus:confused:

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

see reply from lazybones on my thread - slightly different opinion.

i suppose the worse that can happen is that they deduct those amounts?

jansus:confused:

:) Thanks for that Janus, similar thoughts to my own. I think I will just submit my claim on MCOL deducting the £5s from the breakdown but including the increased O/D fee and see wht happens, I guess you're right that the worst should be that they disagree then it's up to the Judge if A&L dont settle. Just about to look on your thread.

Cheere. DD:)