Martha_k v. Abbey...what next?

Martha_k
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

well, my hubby and I are pursuing a claim against Abbey for approx £4500. We sent them a letter with schedule of charges and received the usual 'looking into your complaint' reply. We gave them 14 days and were just about to sent them the LBA when we received a 2nd letter from them.

This letter says they've looked into our case and as a GOGW they have arranged to credit £350 to our account. This amount is for one of the claims we have going through as we are presently claiming on 2 joint current accounts (totally £4500).

We are unsure of what to do next? Should we send the LBA anyway? And what about the £350? Are we ok to accept this money? Do we just need to reduce our claim by the GOGW amount?

We don't want to mess up our chances at getting a full settlement...any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

I look forward to your replies :-)

Martha, in the LBA you need to say explicitly that you are either "accepting in partial settlement" or "rejecting" the GOGW. It's for the avoidance of doubt later. For further info : http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/32932-have-you-had-gogw.html Regards, Mad Nick.

PS And if Abbey ever make you another offer, bear in mind that it will include the GOGW; ie any future figure they mention won't be on top of the GOGW. All part of the dirty tricks.

Abbey £8370 settled 17 Apr 07

Hi Guys, Thanks for your help...I'm sure there are people out there who must get their fingers burnt by not understanding the true sneaky nature of this company!! I am going to post our LBA tomorrow so we'll see what they have to say then!!! Thanks Martha

Very valid point mad nick, just make sure they offer the full amount of your new claim and that it does not include their previous GOGW, if it does include their previous GOGW then it needs to be your new amount PLUS their GOGW, if not continue to court, VERY SNEAKY INDEED.