Mr K Frog VS Honours Student Loan Company

mr k frog
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have had trouble from these people for two years now. It originated because I hadn't deferred and the debt was bought by them from the SLC.

I have never earnt anywhere near the threshold, in fact earnings are £187 per month Carers Allowance! However, they have been awful and bulllied me into paying £100 per month, which I put on my credit card.

After getting advice I sent them a budget sheet and got the monthly amount reduced to £20. They are now saying that they will accept only £34. I have said I will pay £20, and included a new budget sheet.

I have written them letters of complaint as they send me letters saying I have defaulted when I havn't, renew the agreement over the phone then deny they have and have been very rude.

So my question is this..... How can I take my complaint any further? They are not governed by the FSA. OFT do not investigate individual cases.

Also they have said they will take me to court. This for me is a scary option and I do not want a CCJ. Should I push them? Would it be worthwhile asking for a copy of the CCA, or should it be a SAR. And who would I sent the letter to? Honours Student Loans or the Loan Company. With regards to charges, is this a SAR to Honours or the Student Loan Company?

I don't mean to sound really stupid, I am pursuing my bank claim reasonably intelligently! Its just that there do not seem to be as clear guidelines for these people.

Thanks for anyones help, I have read other threads about these people and realise that they do ignore letters. Hopefully a CCA/SAR might make them take my case a little more serioiusly.

Mr Frog.

Natwest settled after 1 letter! £86

Lloyds TSB Judge ordered Stay on 16th March 2007

Honours Student Loan, horrible!! Won't reply to letters of complaint, trying to persist with them.

I sent my CCA to the Data Controller listed for Honours:

Data Controller: HONOURS TRUSTEES LTD

C/O WILMINGTON TRUST SP

SERVICES (LONDON) LIMITED

TOWER 42 (LEVEL II),

25 OLD BROAD STREET

LONDON

EC2N 1HQ

My cheque for £1 was cashed about 2 weeks after I sent it, so it did get to someone there! I'll give them the full 12+28 days before I harass them some more.

Once you get the CCA (if you do) I think its a good idea to SAR them for any charges they have levied against you.

You can then send a letter stating the account is in dispute due to unlawful charges, and start the process of getting any charges back.

After all thats done, you can think about sorting out a payment schedule for whats left!

This post contains a set of template letters you can use for various general debt issues including the CCA template.