Christhesparky v Nationwide

christhesparky
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thought id better post, as ive been reading all of yours for a while.

Sent 1st letter requesting statements on 28 feb, still received nothing as yet.

Is it 40 working days or 40 calender days, if calender days they only have two weeks left,

How long do they take to send them out in general?

Hello christhesparky!

Is it 40 working days or 40 calender days, if calender days they only have two weeks left, 40 Calender Days!

How long do they take to send them out in general?

39 Days 23 Hours 59 Minutes 59 Seconds...

(...approx...or else that's what it feels like!...lol...:) )

They be slightly busy @ the moment, after "Whistleblower"...lol

It won't hurt to check out the following link, just in case:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

hi christhesparky

40 days is just 40 straight off.. that is including weekends and bank holidays...

if you sent your SAR recorded go onto royal mail web and check when and who recieved delvery of your letter, the next day is day 1,, i recieved my statements by special delivery after 3 weeks. so if you havnt heard from them on day 40, then send non complience letter on day 41, see templates..

dont worry im sure they will send them to you within the stated time.. they must know the time deadlines after all the claims they have been getting..

as eggopp pointed out to me tonight, the clocks went forward an hour so it has infact given us a whole hour on our side!! :D

• 2 months later...

Well eventually got a list of charges, sent off my prelim, now just waiting for the standard bog off letter

Is it just me or do they not realise how much they would save if they paid up before court proceedings start?

...Is it just me or do they not realise how much they would save if they paid up before court proceedings start?
It's JUST U!!!...lol...:D

Every hurdle they put up or confusing letter that they send, deters a certain amount of Claimants.

Nationwide play the percentages...hence the 'Court Charade' game!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi christhesparky. Nationwide are trying every delaying tactic they can and I was about to file my claim when I read another thread on here.'another win-cuddles v nationwide'. I recommend it. I held off filing my claim and instead went to the Financial Ombudsman saving myself £120 court fees and more waiting. Apparently people going this way at the last minute are getting quick responses from NW who are apparently fined £500 every time the FOS send a letter of complaint on your behalf. I will let people know how things go with me as soon as I hear something. You may wish to consider going this way yourself. You can go onto the FOS website and download a claim form to fill in online then print it off; post this off with any relevant correspondance between yourself and NW and maybe also mention that you went to the FOS as you are aware that the NW are wasting county court time with no intent of ever appearing at court as I did. Good luck.;)

• 1 month later...

Further update,

letter from nationwide this morning, got all excited, expexting my cheque,

the b*&^%$ds, they are now asking for a photocopy of my driving licence or passport to verify my identity. so how come they can send out all my statements, my fob off letter, and deal with the FOS, but when it comes to them sending the cheque all of a sudden they need some ID, why didnt they mention this last week when they said the cheque would be with me in 10 working days???

Hi Chris, Sorry I have taken a while to get back to you but I have been offline for 2-3 weeks. Glad to hear your good news about the claim. Nationwide told the FOS that they did not accept liability,their charges are not unlawful or unfair but to avoid a formal investigation into my claim by the FOS they have agreed to pay in full with the 8% interest. I,like you have not received the cheque yet. However I did have other issues arising from Nationwides actions but have agreed to forgo those if I at least get what I have been offered. I was told it could take up to six weeks to pay out. The offer was made days before they were named in the High Court test case. I contacted the FOS several times and sent them quite a detailed letter and they responded with information and advice into what they are doing with all cases. All complaints already being looked at are on hold until the outcome of the test case is known but anyone who had had an offer made before the case was brought should still get what they were offered. No new cases will be looked into until the outcome of the test case has been heard. As Nationwide and the rest of the baddies have now put all claims on hold I did ask the FOS if this meant the Nationwide and co. would also put their disproportionate charges on hold too. I didn't get an answer to that! I hope the Nationwide stop playing games with you and pay you YOUR money soon.

Cheers and enjoy spending it.

Trickyt:cool:

Glad you enjoyed your holiday Chris. Bet it was the first time you were ever glad to be back home from a holiday. You can start thinking about booking your next one now the buggers have finally paid up. Well done.

Cheers, Trickyt:D