Change on charges re statements

indebtstudent
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guys we are having an impact!!!

Whist Nationwide has not changed it stance on the actual charges they have given up with the charges for statements. I read info this week stating that Nationwide will only make the £5 charge for one statement and if the customer asks for more than one the charge shall not exceed £10. I think this is particularly pleasing as it means people not using an SAR will be able to get charges info and perhaps find there way here. I'm not sure if this should be in campaign of not, will gladly move if in the wrong place.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

Do you know if we will be able to get them (statements) in branches?

Cheers

Matt

Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely - Lord Acton.

Advice offered by MattyH is without predjudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt. Please research any information I have offered, as I will not be held liable for any incorrect advice i've given you.

<--------- If my advice has helped, please tip my scales. 8)

For Further advice come into the Chat Room: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/chat/flashchat.php

FAQ's : http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Step By Step Instructions ; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Hello MattyH!

Do you know if we will be able to get them (statements) in branches?

If it's more appropriate for U, U can view pdf's of all your actual statements (...going back to Jan 05) for NOTHING !!!

Just click on the "Manage Statements" link in your Nationwide Internet Banking webpage.

Yeah you can now get more online but my understanding is you can get them in branch, for safety I would point out the change in policy as if you get a part time member of staff they may have missed that particular update. Not that it's likely just, you know, better to be safe than sorry.

I believe you can go back 27 months online (used to 15), so if that's all you need for your claim it speeds it up somewhat.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

hi guys i was watching breakfast tv the other morning ans they were talking about reclaimimg bank charges and someone had phoned in and said they telephones their bank and had the charges she was owed returned just one phone call, she didnt even have to put pen to paper.. i unfortunately didnt hear what bank it was, if they gave it out..

lucky her :)

but i wouldnt chance it that way, or advise it, best to stick to the tried and tested way of the CAG... :D

just thought i would share that with you...