SETUBAL VERSUS yorkshire Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5950 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI, I'm just starting to claim from the Y B. I sent my £10 on the 1-03-07 requesting my bank statements for the last six years, yesterday 20-03-07 I recieved a reply to acknowledge my £10 and stating "Quote" if you have requested any information relating to manual intervention on your account,there is no specific mention of manual intervention within the Data Protection Act and as such we are under no statutory obligation to record or provide this information."unquote". Is this true? Iam not a young person and Iam very nervous about starting out on this venture! any advice would be gratefully recieved. Many thanks, Setubal.

:confused:

Welcome to the site setubal :) Don't worry about the manual intervention bit at the moment. Don't be nervous as there are many kind and helpful people on here that will offer you lots of advice and support. Try to spend time reading up on the FAQ's and make sure you know what you're doing. Don't be scared to ask for advice at any time. Good luck with your claim.

Sarah.

Yorkshire Bank

Started Process 19th Sept 2006.

All Stages Followed.

Next Step Court!

Hearing Date 7th June 2007.

WON!!!!! 6th June 2007 :D

Frequently Asked Questions

Example Step-By-Step Instructions

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,Iam the husband of Setubal, I've taken over her claim against the YB for her as she is too ill to continue. The bank still refuses to talk to me although they have written authorization from my wife to do so. The 40 day's have expired "yesterday", and still no statements, she received a letter last week saying sorry for the delay but because of a large input of requests for statements they are snowed under, usual delay tactics I presume? I want to send them a letter giving them 7 day's to comply or I will take them to court for none compliance under the DPA, but how can i when they won't acknowledge me. Any adivce please. Setubal.

Hi, Received acknowledgement today, sent letter to ICO this morning complaining about YB non compliance it's now 43 days now,also a letter to the bank informing them what I've done and what I will do if they don't comply within the next 7 days.Hope they get the message!

Hello,I Handed into the local bank on 17-4 -07 a letter stating that they failed to comply with my sar dated 1-03 -07.and after receiving a letter from them giving an assurance that they will send the information as soon as possible, today marks 50 days, I also stated that Im giving them 7 days to comply with my request and if they don't I will commence a county court action under section 7 and section 15 '2' of the DPA I have also escalated this matter into an official complaint to IC and the FSA,'hope I haven't gone too far'.If they don't comply I will be at the court on Wed 25-04 -07 at 10 am! claiming for none compliance with DPA 1998,costs and anything else I can think of.

Hello, statements arrived this morning, on close examination I found that two years were missing, what I would like to know is do I still go to court tomorrow for non compliace or should I give YB a further 7 days to comply? any advice please.

Wow, Putting my coat on to go the court 2 hours ago,when by special post my missing statements arrived!.If only YB could be as speedy in settling claims.I know that YB monitor these threads. I think this incident proves it.

Has anyone else received a letter like this arrived this morning from Leeds,'i refer to your recent enquiry regarding the fees and charges applied to your account.l understand that you feel these charges are incorrect,unfortunatly the centre has no knowledge of how or why these charges arose.You therefore need to contact your branch with full details of your dispute. signed ???? resolution section

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,I've gone through all the six years statements,and the account as never been over the authorized O D limit except twice 1 for £2. 02 and for £1.35 charged £25 for each.Every 3 months over the 6 years the acc' was charged £25 + debit interest.I'm not sure but after reading through some threads that if the acc' stayed within the auth' limit, banking was free!.Can I claim all the charges back or just the £50? Any advice please.P.S. The un authorized o d charges was in Oct and Dec 07 caused by the other charges the acc' was closed voluntary because the bank manager wouldn't listen to any mitigation.Now with HSBC.

Hi again , hope all is well still.

As you know I searched for any accounts with YB that carry a set fee . The only one I found was one for internantional money transfers and after speaking to you this was not the case .

Not sure what progress you have made since we last spoke , I know you have other matters to deal with that take priority .

Just my opinion and It`s very possible I may be wrong , I would start the ball rolling and send in your http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html including the quarterly fees and the two £25 unauthorised overdraft fees.

I am at the minute adapting this template to suit your circumstances as some of the wording needs to be altered for your particular situation , and I will email it as soon as I am done .

You know how to get hold of me if you need help or to discuss it further.

Jules

Hello Jules,

I am trying to help a friend claim back charges from Yorkshire Bank.

I noticed Setubal received a letter saying... "Quote" if you have requested any information relating to manual intervention on your account,there is no specific mention of manual intervention within the Data Protection Act and as such we are under no statutory obligation to record or provide this information."unquote

My friend has received this letter today, what action should he now take? should he just wait the 40 days as planned?

I would appreciate your help on this.

Hi Jules, Many thanks for the e mail,I've started on to it and hope to send it first thing Mon' morning to Leeds. Obrigado, from the wife. P S how many copies shall I need?

Com prazer , não me importo to the wife.

You need to send one copy to the bank and keep one copy for youself .

I also keep back up copies written onto a cd or emailed back to myself , simple I know but fairly foolproof.

Cuidado

Jules

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Received "Sod Off"letter from Leeds.In my prelim' request I didn't include any debit interest just charges,would it be ok if included them in my LBA,or start again with an amended prelim?