£13,680 in charges! Advice please...

Reclaim
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am reclaiming charges on behalf of my friend as a favour. I've just added up six years of charges and the total is £13,680...

Has anyone heard of a similar amount being reclaimed and how did they go about it? I believe that MCOL wouldn't be suitable for an amount this large...

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks,

Reclaim.

As Calculator says, we will need more info before anyone can comment. It would be helpful if you break down all the charges by bank. Also, look at going further back than 6 years - you will see a thread just further down about a win of 13 years (I think) charges. In addition to all that, don't forget to put interest on as well calculated from the date of each charge until the date you are claiming.

P.

Northern Rock; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered. Recieved details of 6 yrs charges on 8th. Wrote back asking whether or not they hold information going back further than that.

MBNA; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06

Barclays; S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request sent 11/8/06 - Del 14/8/06

Diners Club; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06. Recieved form to fill and return with fee on 17/8/06. Sent form back, delivered 4/9/06.

Intelligent Finance; Prelim letter emailed 16/08/06, claiming £318. Email recieved from "Anne-Marie" 17/8/06 saying my email has been passed to Customer Relations dept. Fob-off letter received 23/8/06, letter sent in return same day - Delivered 24/8/6 Recieved letter offer 25% settelement - refused - LBA sent. MCOL on 10th revcieved notification that they intend to defend on 13th. 06/9/2006 WON!!!!!!

Hello Reclaim!

At £13,680 before Interest is added, and all within the last 6yrs, U would be looking at the FAST TRACK, or even the MULTI TRACK.

Fast track and multi track

There are higher initial Court fees to pay and there is a risk of Costs being awarded against the Claimant if the Claimant loses.

However...

The Claimant has the advantage of being able to automatically ask for "Standard Disclosure", where the Defendant can be asked to supply evidence of the ACTUAL processing costs for their Penalty Charges.

Do U know of ANY financial institution that will want to do that

...without wanting to Settle your Claim before it got to that stage???!!!

Hope this helps?!...:)

Hi Reclaim,

a 13k claim is nothing to worry about really, like other posters have mentioned it may mean that you end up in a court other then the small claims track.

However if the claim is a basic "fees" issue, and you are not touching on pre six years ie limiation "time barred issues" or anything else that could possibly complicate the claim, then if both parties are agreed you may still get the case heard in the small claims court.

Of course the district judge would also have to view the case and decide, but it would be of benefit to you to keep the case in the small claims track.

If it goes to a higher track you will have to pay a much higher court fee and if you lost you may be liable to costs, ie the other parties expenses in the case (or more).

The disclosure issue really isnt a problem as we tend to use new directions for the judge in small claims, which forces the other side to disclose their costs before the hearing.

First things first, i dont know how experienced you are at making court claims, bt if i were you i would read up on this site and on legal case law sites for a couple of months before you actually file your N1 "court papers".

A very common mistake made by most new comers is that they cant wait to get started, and rush straight into something they do not have a clue about, and tend to get into difficulties.

best of luck

Dont Rush - Take Your Time - Dont always take me seriously

:p

If you feel i have helped you then click

Here, if you feel i have not helped you then click Here, if you want to complain about this go Here, if you would like bank secrets then go Here.

MBNA - Case Charges+PPI+CI+LA+Damages+costs

RBS Credit Card - Case Charges+CI+LA+Costs

Barclays - Case Charges+CI+LA+Damages+costs

Halifax - Case Charges+CI+Damages+costs

Online Finance - Case Charge+CI+Damages+costs