DPA non compliance help?

DRIVERS
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Information Commissioner

Yes, starting a claim is now seemingly the only thing left for you do to.....

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Finally 126 days later the paperwork has arrived, will be complaining to the info commsioner about them.

Also a question would i be entitled to charge there interest rate of something like 22% for the charges as the interest they have charged is made of interest of the charges as practically the whole damn debt is charges. any adivce would be appreciated

Sorry, that just sounds very confusing... what are you asking?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

sorry about i was in the middle of doin something when i typed that msg.

what i was trying to ask was am i entitled to claim interest on the unlawful charges at there rate apr rate i thinks its 22-23%. as the debt is something in the region of 1500 but 1220 of this is charges. had it not been for the unlawaful charges the interest they have added to debt would be much lower. and therefore they still gain from the unlawful charges. i hope this reads betta

Contractual interest is the pointer here. If they have charged you this interest rate, then you can charge it back.

Have a read of this

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/18313-why-no-one-claiming.html?highlight=contractual+interest

Thanks I have read through threads and associated threads, and think I am ready to start a claim, only thing bein the statements have inlcuded an interest onhe total balance not but not one which applies to the charges ( a shame really).

must say tho have struggled to find alliance credit card unauthorised borrwing rate anywhere on the internet although i calculated the interest they have charged me monthly is something like 22-24 so will probably settle on a figure somewhere between the two. and start charging at that rate on a daily basis from date of charge.

Seens cant get spreadsheets up, i went through all charges applied 22% contractual interest rate (1% lower than there average yearly) worked out daily interest charge from date of charge to present day and was shocked to get a figure of 1644, now considerin the debt with charges included at last look was 1492. if settled with the contractual interest they could end up owing me 100s.

ill shall send it off and await the fireworks

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

the latest alliance trick have now credtid , the credit card acc with the full amount and left thew balance at nil and removed the default which is great. wha they havent done is pay me yet as the whole balance of the card wasd made up of charges, i have have argued there shud never have benn a debt to clear in the first place in fact i was in credit onthe acc, therefore i want my money otherwise i shall not retract my court claim.

the alliance are bastards excuse my language who even wen lost are still trying it on still im glad they did it this way cause the have less than 2 weeks before the courts 28 day period is up.

anyone else had this from them as they pulled similar on the current acc

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks