Hamptons Threaten Bankruptcy - Help Please!

Samca
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not heard a dicky bird at all, they havent event gone to the curtesy of acknowledging my letter (other than the email receipt I got).

Still not heard anything from bank either about my claim for charges other than their initial acknowledgement.

Will keep you updated though!:)

Yes, I'll join the club of Hamptons/Lowells targets too...!

I've had a couple of phone chats with these shysters about their demands for payment of an ancient and written off HSBC overdraft. Mine is so old it wasn't even with HSBC, but the Midland Bank!

It looks to me as if these chancers have procured an old list off HSBC of written off debts and are trying their luck with it.

Total numpties, their letters appear to flagrantly disregard all the guidelines and regulations set down for debt collection agencies.

My tack is also to demand copies of statements and consumer credit agreements off them. As I'm 99% sure that HSBC destroyed these records long ago I think I may be in for a long wait.

Very appropriately named though, as 'Hampton' is a short version of 'Hampton Wick', cockney rhyming slang for a male appendage.

"One of the most awkward things that can happen in a pub is when your pint-to-toilet cycle gets synchronised with a complete stranger." - Peter Kay

• 3 weeks later...

OMG OMG OMG!!!!

Husband has just phoned me in work to tell me I have had a letter saying that account is closed and I will not receive any further correspondence from them!!!

Like I say, I am in work but when I get home I will post letter on here! Just so excited had to tell!!

OMG OMG OMG!!!

Speak Later

Samca

You called their bluff and like typical bullies they caved in. What a shower. This gives great hope to the rest of us who have received letters from Clownells

• Haha 1

OMG OMG OMG!!!!

Husband has just phoned me in work to tell me I have had a letter saying that account is closed and I will not receive any further correspondence from them!!!

Like I say, I am in work but when I get home I will post letter on here! Just so excited had to tell!!

OMG OMG OMG!!!

Speak Later

Samca

Excellent. A victory over Lowell/Hamptons.

If you don't mind, I'll have a few glasses this evening to toast your good health, and wish you all the best for the future.

Make sure you still pop in though.............

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

That's excellent news.

These "people" need to learn that riding rough shod over legal process will NOT be tolerated any longer.

Hopefully everything we are doing will have an effect on the Finance Inndustry as a whole.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

I got my 3 Day threat letter from Hampton Illegal. Needless to say it was dated a week previous so the three days were up before they posted it. Do they think Im as stupid as them

I think the 'three day' warning letter is the last in the sequence for them. This is the point where a no response means they'll give up.

What happens after that is a mystery to me. Probably nothing.

• Haha 1

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

Three days and they MAY issue County Court proceedings. They have been harrasing me for months and I havent answered any of their letters or spoke to them on the phone.

The question is ''Am I bovvered'' NAH!!

Thanks everyone, yeah and have a drink i know i will!

Just been out on my lunch hour and bought a frame for that letter - its going on the Wall!!! Just cant wait to see it in black and white for myself when I get home - roll on 5 pm!!!!!!!

Here it is:

Dear Mrs XXXX

Our Ref: xxxxxxxx

Original Creditor: HSBC Bank plc

Balance Outstanding: £5714.83

Thank you for your recent correspondence concerning the above matter.

Following an investigation into this account, we can now confirm that this matter is closed and no further correspondence should be received.

We trust this letter meets with your requirements.

Yours sincerely

Nigel Beaver

Collections Supervisor

So what do you think guys!!!!!!!!