Charges - Advice Please!!

reenie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a joint Abbey account with my partner. I have to admit we're both a bit rubbish when it comes to managing our money. The main problem is that my boyf gets paid weekly (but randomly) by cheque which is not an ideal siutation as there are many direct debits coming out of this account and we always seem to be waiting for cheques to clear. Also I have recently returned to work after 6 months maternity so money has been a bit tight.

The problem we are now facing is £600 of charges that are due to come out of our account next week where there will not be enough money to cover them. This is becoming a recurring problem with the charges increasing each month.

I have called telephone banking - they want to take away our cheque and debit facilities and cancel the direct debits. I have declined the offer.

I have tried to get an appointment with someone in the branch but have been told they have no authorisation over these matters

What do I do?

• 13 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks