Julie v HSBC

The Capitulator
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Having spent time on our LTSB account claims with reasonabble success. I turned my attention to a closed HSBC account. I sent a claim for £4176.28 which included contractual interest.

Today received a offer of £947 as full and final. Not yet started court action. We are of course going to turn it down /accept as part payment.

Just asking for any further advice/ideas?

regards

Carl

LSTB (business) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) received 10th Dec prelim + Contractual interest claim sent 10th Jan07 £5k + change

Received partial reduction mount of £5,563 against loan & overdraft of £18k i.e. 30% reduction. Next step PPI's & managed loans. Jan 07

LSTB (Girlfriend) prelim sent 10th Jan07 1st account £670

Received partial refund into account of £457 9th Feb, sent rejection letter. donated 5% 10th Feb

LSTB (Girlfriend) prelim sent 10th Jan 07 £1,450

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 27th DEC (approx £3000)

that has to be the smallest (mean the biggest difference between what was asked and what was offered) offer ever! did your lloyds claim involve contractual interest? i've not had much to do with it - but i understand it's a bit of a minefield ( i reckon on a claim that large, even at 8% you'd have a hefty claim ). yes, turn it down - or accept as partial but say you'll be pursuing the rest of it. just thought i'd comment on the teeny tiny offer. (were it mine, i'd have gone for 8% as it's a more travelled road.) but good luck with your claim. others have done it and won - no reason you shouldn't do the same.

Hi Lateralus

Thanks for post

The claim was for approx £2,500 but the account was closed in 2003 so the interest has increased the original amount quite a lot.

The lloyds claims were for £600 on one and £1,400 on the other. the 600 has been refunded but the 1400 is still ongoing so I am not able to say the CI route is working YET but will keep you posted.

I am supprised there does not seem to be as many people on this HSBC talking about CCI as there are on the LLoyds, I wonder if there is a reason for this? i.e. are HSBC responding differently from LloydsTSB?

I will send a rejection letter off to Colin on Monday.

LSTB (business) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) received 10th Dec prelim + Contractual interest claim sent 10th Jan07 £5k + change

Received partial reduction mount of £5,563 against loan & overdraft of £18k i.e. 30% reduction. Next step PPI's & managed loans. Jan 07

Received partial refund into account of £457 9th Feb, sent rejection letter. donated 5% 10th Feb

couldn't say - just from general reading on this forum - it's being pointed out when people ask - but yes, i think the bank is less inclined to agree - but those with bolls of steel seem to hold out and get it, not for the faint hearted (little old ladies like moi!) you go, cappy!

Ok

Just sent off my dear colin letter, telling him to keep his offer, and see him in court etc.

Dont expect to see anything now until n1 filed might then receive an increased offer but will not hold my breadth -

Hi Pete

Thanks for that, yes I have read many of Bong's comments on this site over the last 4 months, her comments are spot on, so will go over and read the thread start to finish. I am sure I will pick up a ftips from there.

regards C

Thanks Pete and Lat

Wow what a read that was and what a star Bong is for sticking to her guns. After reading what she has achieved, and given her goals were potentially much more complicated than the average claiment i.e. exceeding the six year rule. I don't now see what is all the fuss about CI is -granted that it was not actually tested in court, but what was tested was the continued reluctance of the banks to allow such test.

Anybody any updates as to where they stand on CI?

Regards

C