Devandy v Clydesdale

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Am attempting to reclaim what are probably about £400 pounds in charges from Clydesdale for an current account opened in late 2001, and a credit card of the same, exceeding the 5 year Scottish jurisdiction under which I fall, however I will make the claim from an English address.

I am not sure if the account was passed on to a DCA however I think that this may be the case, can anyone tell me who would have acted as collectors for Clydesdale at this time? Would this matter, or if Clydesdale applied the charges then is it Clydesdale that I have to chase, no matter who I settled with? About the only thing I can remember about the account is that they were the only bank to charge interest on a student overdraft, which I was never told when opening the account, and that I was charged £22.50 a week for being over my limit! :-x SWINE!

I am probably going to send all correspondance, beginning with my SAR, to the chair of the bank, has anyone else been down this route and did it prove effective? Would appreciate her contact details if anyone has to hand.

I hope you can help answer some of my many questions! I'll take this as far as I can, I own absolutely nothing and am leaving the continent at the end of the year so they can bring it on. Yee-ha!

devandy

additionally - if they did pass it to a DCA then it's very possible they charged me for missed payments, can I go about reclaiming these?

Hi Devandy.

I would be inclined to send your correspondence to your local branch, assuming that you are in England, as this keeps everything away from Scotland, and finding you need to claim there, unless of course you are in Scotland anyway.

You could ask them to include details of the DCA in your SAR, and then do one to them as well.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you so choose.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.