Sutherm V Abbey

sutherm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Niklowe

Don't be nervous Sutherm, it is really quite simple, and you will get your money back. Good luck, but you won't need it!

• 2 weeks later...

Abbey's 40 days will be up on 23rd April . I expected some sort of correspondence from them by now?

I recieved 50 quid in charges this month and tried to get it back. I was told quite sternly that it was not the banks fault and would only refund £30 :mad:

Well Well, Saturday morning I received 12 months worth of bank statements!! Although I have not recieved any letters from them and they have not taken my £10 yet?

They have untill 23rd of April when the 40 days is up. I will have to be patient and wait for the others to come through, It's a little un-nerving not having any communications from them! :-?

• 2 weeks later...

After sending Abbey a reminder that they only had a few days to send me the rest of my information I had another 2 years worth of charges this morning. They are only from 2004 up to 2006 and the letter states that anything before 2004 will follow shortly. They have very kindly refunded my £10 due to the delay in getting the information to me !!! (I think they are trying to be nice )NOT!!

Charges so far without the rest of the information is £1795 !!! How dare they, I didn't realise it was so much! I want it back, Shabby here i come!:evil:

Well I have sent yet another letter to Abbey stating that they have not complied with the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). I am still waiting for the rest of the micro-fiche from pre 2004. They have 7 days to respond then what do i do?

Do i report them? I can't do an estimate as I have no idea what charges they have put on me as there were so many and I do not have anything to cross reference.

Just one other question??? I did not use the SAR from this site i used the one off Moneyexpert , as they have only sent me a spreadsheet with listed charges will this be OK to use??

• 2 weeks later...

Yippee, at last i have had all my info! got some work to do there are loads of charges on the listings, not too sure what i do about the interst debited as it the sheet still doesn't show my running balance :confused: at least i have the charges so i can get cracking on that for now. Thanks to Julie for the nudge with sending the email seems to give them a kick up the butt :D i will tot up my spreadsheet then get my Pri Lim swiftly out to them.

feel much more positive now i have my info, waited long enough for it!!

Well £2156.00 I have added up !!OMG!!

Abbey here i come. I have not added any OD interest as i am not sure if this was caused by the charges or not:( anyway, Pri Lim going off tomorrow, feel gr8 not so scardy pants now!! Keep you posted!

Hi sent my PL letter just waiting on the 14 days, meanwhile i have had the normal fob off letter saying it will take them 4 weeks to sort out. I think not, LBA ready and waiting. Preparing my N1 and doing lots of reading of other threads.

Feeling a little scardy pants about the court bit, so thought i would give my moral a boost by reading others that are miles infront of me and doing just fine! On a lighter note: Glad i am not filing in Birmingham :eek:

Keep to your time scales and read all you can and you will be fine, it sounds like you have everything under control, so panic not.

I have not read all about the Lloyd's case, what I did read I think it was awarded to the bank as the guy putting the claim in had not done it correctly, (I am sure he did not get the information from this site) if I am wrong sorry in advance, :oops: I hope he will appeal the case with help from the powers to be on here, if he does then from what little I have read everyone is confident he will win

On a lighter note: Glad i am not filing in Birmingham :shock:

I'm in Redditch County Court so hope my Judge isn't friends with the one up the road in Birmingham!! :eek:

Keep reading & preparing for the next stage...it really does help with the nerves 'cos by the time you get to it you sort of know what you're doing!..I think!! LOL

Villafan

Thanks Villafan & Mariejader, your encouragement helps loads :) , quick question if you can help?? I am completing the form to request that I don't pay the cost's as I am a struggling single parent but do not qualify for any of the exemptions - Do I hand this in with my N1 when i go to my local county cout in Dudley?

thanks

Melissa

Well abbey really are getting themselves in a muddle, I waited sooooo long for my correct listings of charges and what you know they have sent them AGAIN this morning, I must admit i did cross check them to see if anything was missing :cool: don't trust them as far as i could throw them !

Thanks villafan, i have completed all my court paperwork (in works time ;) ) and i feel gr8, they don't scare me anymore !! this site gives you such a boost

• 2 weeks later...

I have looked at the spreadsheets and decided to put my charges onto the advanced spreadsheet instead of the simple one, my problem is I have put exactly the same info onto the advanced one and the total for the 8% interest is slightly lower than the total on my simple one?

I am not sure if there is something wrong with it but i have racked my brains to find out why the totals are different and can't find it

Think i will stick with the simple one to be on the safe side ( and it's a bit more money for me he he :D )

LBA sent on 24th May now getting my N1 ready as we all know they will not respond :mad:

Hi Melissa

I think as long as the daily rate is the same, stick with the one you have picked. If you do want to use the advanced one, let me know and I will email you my one.

Has your LBA arrived there yet? I sent mine Friday (handed it over the counter to royal mail and still not there yet). Will try again tomorrow to see if it has arrived, if not looks like I will have to send it again, but this time Special Delivery.