skippymartin Vs HSBC***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The other thing you may be able to do is get your statements online from the web site if you have access. This way you can start your claim sooner though you will still want to follow through on getting the actual statements in case you end up in court !!!! (not likely!!!) :D

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

• 4 weeks later...

tried this? finding statements on-line:access your internet banking.

Click on the account you want to access the statements for.

In the top left hand corner, just below where it says "my accounts" click "my statements"

This will instantly produce a list of your last 12 months statements which you can then view one at a time.

Alternatively to go back further , click "next set" at the bottom to go back 12 months.

You can keep going back for 6 pages !! ie 6 years !!

as for the time limit - depends - sometimes it's right away and sometimes not - also, some branches will run them off for you right then and there - no charge. it's a mixed bag.

• 3 weeks later...

My 40 day deadline ran out on Tuesday the 24th April and still no statements, so i've sent them another letter giving them two weeks to respond, and to remind them that i sent a postal order for ten pounds, and i know they received the original letter because it was signed for the next day of which i sent them a copy of receivers signature from royal mail website.

Has this happened to anyone else, or am i just unfortunate that they may have forgotten me? :confused:

Hiya Skippy, sadly yes its happening a lot lately, there are a lot of annoyed people wanting their money back after all the press and TV coverage and HSBC are loosing the plot a bit, the worlds local bank is showing its is very local.

But its not all bad news, the data protection act has compensation clauses so you might get some money just because HSBC couldn’t comply in accordance with the act. Go have a look at the thread Give left for you and send the letters.

Also try giving HSBC a call to see where they are with your data.

pete

Finally got the statements through yesterday with the postal order sent back with it(glad i left the payee blank "Thanks Givememymoney"), and have gone through them and worked out that they owe me £1,585 :) , so sent the second stage letter asking for it back got sent out this morning, clock's still ticking!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

The time has finally come to start court proceedings,

When i claimed against the Halifax i used MCOL, at the Northampton County court,

This time,(after reading the new info on the MCOL thread in the templates) I'm thinking about using the N1 form from the template library.

What court do i need to go to as i can't find Northampton County court on the HMCS courts list, and i see that Luton County Court is on the list,and this one is closer for me.

My question is can i use Luton's county court to proced with my claim:confused: , and to ask if anyone else has been through this court and their outcome

Sorry if i've rambled on a bit or if this is a STUPID question,

Could i have some advice please,

I'm taking my N1 form to the court on monday, will there be a reception i have to go to? and what do i say to them?, and do i pay the £120 fee there and then? and what happens then?

Sorry for all the questions at once, but i just need someone to talk me through the procedure so i know what to expect on monday morning.

I did my last case online through MCOL so it was all done for me.

thanks

skippy

you'll be fine. i didnt file my claim in person but i did have to go to the court to pay my allocation fee. the receptionist (who didnt bite) told me where to go. youre doing something that they will be well used to dealing with. i presume you will pay there & then.

Birmingham (yes Im there :o ) have a counter area with all of the clerical people behind it, everyone I'v spoken to here who have been to their local court or phoned say that the court staff are very nice and very helpful.

Im sure they will tell you exactly what to do and even have a quick look at your N1 to see it they can see any glaring errors.

pete

I know someone who works in our local court and he told me that they soon find out that the majority of people who walk in do not have a clue what they are doing and they expect to have to explain things to people. They are a good bunch of people and will be very helpful I'm sure. I would think any fees will be payable on the day you file.

Don't worry and good luck