Loubi2136 V's HSBC!!

loubi2136
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6233 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If your claim is over £1500 then you will have to pay the £120 MCOL fee this is recoverable as part of your claim and if you come to an agreement before a court date (which is highly likely) then you would want to make sure that HSBC refund this as well.

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

thanks for your pm

I think I'm about a month ahead of you as I'm about to file with the court on monday.

This site has been really helpful. You do need to read up the 'frequently asked questions' though to familiarise yourself with the procedure. You will be more confident with each stage then as it comes up. Also just by reading as many threads as possible (especially the HSBC ones) you will find out lots of information & some of your answers can be found here. I have spent many hours in the evenings over the last 2 months just reading & reading. Hopefully it will be worth it as I get closer to getting my money back.

Good luck with your claim - i've subscribed to your thread so I'll keep an eye on how your doing too.

there are many excellent helpers here & although quite new myself I will help you if I can.

• Haha 1

There is a lot to get your head around to start with but you will soon pick it up, as long as you read the step by step guide and stick to it and post any questions you have you will be fine.

Other people’s threads will give you an idea of what is coming up i.e. standard HSBC/DG tactics and letter's and what you should do and if you do find something you don’t know about just post a question here, someone will be along to answer.

Good Luck

pete

• Haha 1

hi,

im a bit worried as i started my claim with MSE and sent the first letter asking for the charges, but have since been informed that it is best with this site as it is more in depth!

is this right? also can i now use the templates off this site even though i have started with a different letter template?

Luci

Whose site is best is purely a matter of opinion;) I've not looked at the MSE templates but as long as your first letter was something along the lines of 'I want my money back, your charges are unlawful, you've got 2 weeks to repay or else' then I can't see switching causing you any problems.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

Nothing is really set until you file your claim with the court, there is no reason why you can’t change anything and just write and tell HSBC you have revised whatever and send them a copy of the revision, its quite common for people to discover they need to revise their schedule of charges after they have written to HSBC.

When you have filed your claim with the court it will cost you £35.00 to make any alterations so its a very good idea to check and recheck before you finish the MCOL submission / N1.

pete

I agree, I did first hear about all this from MSE & used their template letters to start off my claim but this site is much more informative & having your own thread really helps.

I find it quite magical how I ask a question (usually late at night) then go to bed. When I come back on the next day - question is answered!!

Couldn't do it on my own

This site is the best no question I really like MSE for lots of things but the approach on there is too simplistic and the support here is much better too!!! :D

Oh and we have Lattie, Crusher, Netty and others nuff said!!! :D

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

hi,

i am writing my LBA letter and at the top it says "i am very disappointed that you have failed to respond to my letter"

i have received the standard "looking into claim" letter do i still leave this at the top of my letter as they have not responded to the claim????

little confused!!

thanks

Luci

another question..............i have got £150 charges that are coming out of my account on the 6th April can i add these to my LBA even though i am sending it on Monday which will be before they have gone out??

i have read the interest posts and i am still mythed!

on my statements it says:

9th March Interest £13.38

9th March Notified £150.00

Charges

it says this above every charge can i claim this or not? do i have to work out a % of it???:confused:

please help.........Thanks

Luci