Incorrect Info on FPN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Put this in its own thread as it hasnt been anwsered elsewhere

OH did U turn where he wasnt supposed to - and lo and behold lurking behind a bush (you couldnt make this up) was a traffic cop - apparently there had been compliants about people doing U -Turns (can you imagin that phone cal?l).

Anyway he was giving a FPN of £60 and 3 points with a producer.

Went to do producer today and hand driving license in to be sent off for new endorsements.

Clerk at station noticed that the orginal FPN had the inncorrect registration number details on the document.

So whilst OH gave over his details the clerk informed him that although he had signed to accept the fixed pentalty fine and endorsement she could process it as it wasnt related to the documents we produced due to incorrect registration number being written on the ticket and he should seek legal advice before handing over his licence for changing.

Any ideas peeps = does this means due to an error he has technically got away with it or does it just mean it is going to drag on even longer whilst the correct paperwork is drafted?

What should we do now?

I mean ultimately we dont wont to makes things worse for oursleves but really we have no idea of what to do next?

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

For something as fundamental as the Vehicle Registration, I believe that means he's got away with it. The ticket must clearly state the driver was seen driving the vehicle with the appropriate Reg No. If the number on the ticket doesn't quote this, then clearly the defendant WASN'T driving a vehicle with that Registration Number!

Above is true - one of the simplest (but rarest) defences for a fixed penalty!

Lived through bankruptcy to tell the tale! Worked in various industries and studied law at university. All advice is given in good faith only :)

so when do we get to say that?

I mean do we have to write to someone - i think my point is we dont want to come across as being dilerberatly obstructive here.

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

I presume that this was a civilian clerk (with a hitherto unrecognised fount of knowledge as to the Law).

As I have said before, an FPN is merely an invitation the pay a fine (and in this case, take the points) without the costs and time of going to a Magistrates' Court.

The mistake on the FPN is irrelevant. If he was not driving that vehicle at that time, then the system allows him to elect for a magistrates' court hearing. At that time, the accuracy of the FPN is no longer considered. It is voided by the summons. All that matters is if the mistake is replicated in the PC's evidence (not summons details - that can be corrected under the slip rule).

If it is, you're home and dry. If it is not, then you will pay at least court costs on top of the fine and points.

Furthermore, if the clerk refused to accept the documents that were produced on the grounds that they were for the wrong registration number, then you may also be facing summonses for failure to produce, etc. but these are easily defeated.