income support

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i was getting income support for a lone parent, i got back with my partner (not living together) so i sent them a letter saying i have a partner, they assume we were living together so they cancelled my income support, i havent had income support for 2 months now, should they give me that money back? as i was still entiltied to it? they messed up and assumed i was living with him. please help!

I think you were a bit quick in contacting the DWP. They are only interested in co-habiting.... you would not have committed a criminal offence by "getting back" with a former partner.... as long as you continued to live at separate addresses and they were unable to prove that he was supporting your household financially.

They will have assumed that you are co-habiting again because there is no other reason for you to write in ! I am not sure whether you will be able to convince them to repay you over the last 2 months, but you do need to get down there as soon as possible to let them know that you are not co-habiting, so that they can re-adjust your claim. If he is supporting you financially however, they will want to know about it.