Harrassing telephone calls

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In previous months we had around 20 calls a day from various companies all demanding money - the worst ones being Natwest Bank who would phone then hang up about 12 times a day.When someone did eventually speak to me I ended up explaining the whole situation from start to finish how my repayments weren't even covering interest etc etc and could we come to some kind of arrangement ( then an hour later someone else from the Natwest would phone and ask the same things again - like they don't communicate with their collegues)- anyhow eventually I began to reclaim charges from various companies and so would politely say this account is in dispute I don't wish to discuss the matter over the telephone so could you put everything in writing.

I sent lot's of letters to try and stop the telephone calls but at the end of a terrible weekend chasing up and downstairs to the telephone I rang BT on 150 and just screammmmmmed please stop my incoming calls....lol

The lovely lady at the B.T. told me of a service which is free for the first month ( usually after the 1st month your debtors have given up and forgot you and the letters have taken effect).

You can block incoming calls from whichever numbers you wish and they get a polite pre-recorded message saying you are not accepting their calls forcing them to put everything in letters of correspondance. After the month was up I decided to keep the service on as it's only £5 per quarter and well worth it - I just thought it might be a good service for anyone on here who is getting tired like I was with endless useless conversations:)

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

I think its called Choose to Refuse and i've just signed up for it! However I am having trouble getting hold of a PIN number and was stuck in a queue for so long the other night I gave up and emailed them, am still awaiting their response. I think its a great service, I think I might subscribe to the one that bars withheld numbers as well :)

Choose to refuse is amazing.

I was getting too many call from 2 companies cap1 and debitas and since blocking their number the phone hasn't rang for the past fortnight once.

The number to call is 14258 and then insert your pin and you can block the number

Phonesurgeon - thanks, but I can't do anything until I get my PIN, which doesn't seem to forthcoming despite my efforts! I will no doubt have to ring them again and hang on for a couple of weeks before being put through to India where they won't understand what i'm saying! ;)

I sent out those letters too but choose to refuse is a great option to have whilst you wait for the postman;) Especially with it being free for the first month

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

• 10 months later...

I tried the choose to refuse route and unfortunately it only allows a list of upto 10 numbers. You can remove numbers to make room but the problem I had was CapitalOne filled this list with 10 different numbers within 2 days of me setting up the service. As soon as I removed the oldest number from the list to add the newest number they were using, they simply went back to the number I had just removed from the list.

So I cancelled the service. I even had one number come through on the callerID of 00000000 from CapitalOne (1471'd it) so it seems they are somehow able to get around callerID because I can't imagine anyone having the phone number 00000000.

Alexander Hanff

Paladine vs Abbey (2 Accounts)

Steps Completed

S.A.R. Sent on 31st October 2006

S.A.R. Received 1st November 2006

Letter received from Abbey saying statements and microfiche on the way Received 20th November 2006

Received 14 copy statements for 1 account and 12 for another on 21st November 2006. Began prelim prep.

Request for repayment of fees and schedule of charges sent on 27th July 2007.

Next Action

LBA going out on 10th August 2007