HFC Bank & PC WORLD

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They are a joke! I took out finance on a laptop back in 2004 with PC World via HFC Bank, all my payments are up to date as of today but they are now chasing me for late payments charges of £75.00. I have refused to pay this, am i within my rights to do this? (By chasing me i mean 8-10 calls a day, everday including weekends, the latest call was at 9pm). HFC bank are aware that i am currently un employed and have financial diffculties & they have refunded one charge of £15. Shall I persue for the rest?

I have also asked them to jusitfy the charges, I am yet to recieve an answer!

I pay 48.40 a month and i will admit there have been a few ocaisons when i haven't be on time with making payments, I have also told them i cannot afford to make payments higher than they already are, however they will not let it rest.

Any adivce on what way to carry this forward? They really got my blood boiling!

What I've learned in my short time here is first and foremost stay calm - difficult I know.

Write to them, don't phone, explaining your situation and stating that you will no longer deal with them by telephone. Send any correspondence recorded delivery (costs £1 for a standard size/weight letter). If they call you, tell them politely but firmly that you will only deal with them in writing then put the phone down. Don't get into a slanging match, no matter how tempting!

I'd make the initial letter polite but businesslike, and then if that doesn't stop them move immediately to the template letters here requesting a copy of the CCA and other documents.

If the debt is legit and you are struggling to make the payments then you should send them a budget sheet. Simply put, they cannot demand what you haven't got. If they took you to court and you showed a judge your budget, he'd only make you pay what you could genuinely afford. Plus it would go massively in your favour that you're making them a reasonable offer.

Hope that is of some use, I'm sure others will add something more useful

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)