Maniac886 V Abbey(2)

maniac886
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I thought its best to create a seperate thread for my other account as otherwise it will become confusing.

Just so people know I am claiming £126 in total and have sent off the AQ, however I just got a reply from the courts and have no idea what I am meant to do next!

Here is the letter typed in full;

Before DISTRICT JUDGE STONER sitting at Manchester County Court,Courts of Justice,Crown Square,Manchester,M60 9DJ.

Upon the courts own motion. The court has made this order of its own initiative without a hearing.If you object to the order,you must make an application to have it set aside,varied or stayed within 7 days of receiving it.

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. The action be stayed until 23rd March 2007 for settlement by mediation/negotiotion or for narrowing the issues.

2. Within 7 days of the end of the period of stay the parties shall jointly notify the court in writing of the outcome of negotiotions and what,if any,directions are required.Failure to comply with this direction or properly engage in negotiotions may result in the application of sanctions.On receipt of such notification the court file shall be referred to the District Judge for further directions.

Dated 15 February 2007

What the heck does this mean, what is my next step....I have no idea :confused:

Thanks in advance!

Dear Sir,

Claim No XXXX

in XXXX County Court

I enclose a copy of the Direction Order issued on xx/xx/xx

I do believe that litigation should always be a last resort and would, of course, be happy to settle this matter without the need for a court hearing.

Please be advised though, that I am completely confidant in the strength of my claim and believe that your clients charges could indeed be proved to be unlawful penalties. For this reason, I will only settle for the full amount of the claim, including s69 8% interest and court fees, namely £***.

In light of the Court's Order to negotiate settlement, I will await your communication informing me of how you wish to proceed.

A copy of this letter will also be sent to the court.

Yours sincerely,

cc XXXX County Court

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just got the following letter back from the abbey;

Scan10002.jpg

What should my response to this be? The offer is £41 less than what I am owed so I am unsure if I should accept or not!