Arkadiusz vs Abbey

thriftyarek
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you are a claimant, you can't claim solicitors fees unless a solicitor files the claim for you.

But others tell me that I can claim solicitors fees, for my effort. So I will add £9.25 p/h for my work + £7 per letter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doing things first that are fun http://www.me888.co.uk

No, you can't claim solicitors fees, but you can claim for your time at the rates mentioned above. This would only be awarded at the discretion of the court and they'd limit to the equivalent of 2/3 of what a solicitor would have charged.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

Just received letter from abbey.

"I'm sorry you are unhappy with the charges and I undersand you would like those rfunded. Although the charges were correct, as a gesture of goodwill, I am happy to refund £170. ...."

and blah blah blah about if I don't like it can complain. The original amount was for £324!

What should I do next? The N1 is ready already filled.

Please advice. Should I just take it to local court the N1 or write them some letter before that telling that am going to court if they don't refund full charges?

Kind regards

Arek

If they've had the letter saying basically 'pay up within 14 days or I'll take you to court' and they have not paid up then take them to court!

I suggest that you write back and say you will not accept their offer and you'll be filing your claim with the court. If they've had all the time you offered in your LBA uou don't need to give them any more time.

There are some templates for rejecting partial offers here. pick the one that suits you best (or modify one accordingly).

They don't need a further warning, but you should write back to

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

If they've had the letter saying basically 'pay up within 14 days or I'll take you to court' and they have not paid up then take them to court!

I suggest that you write back and say you will not accept their offer and you'll be filing your claim with the court. If they've had all the time you offered in your LBA uou don't need to give them any more time.

There are some templates for rejecting partial offers here. pick the one that suits you best (or modify one accordingly).

They don't need a further warning, but you should write back to

Many thanks for this tip and the very helpful rejecting offer letter templates. Just filled one out and send it! So waiting for 10 days.

How shallow of them to make so much trubble over £324! Gee!

love and light

Arek

• 1 month later...

hi,

Took my N1 in to local court 2 weeks back. Today got this Notice of Issue. Which box do i tick there?

a. The defendant has not filed an admission or defence to my claim or an application to contest the court's jurisdication.

b. The defendant admits that all the money is owed.

1. I accept the denfendant's proposal for payment.

2. The defendant has not made an y proposal for payment.

3. I do not accept the defendants proposal for payment.

============

They offered me £170. I want the full £324. So which boxes to tick please. And what to look out for any tips.

love and light

Arek

You don't tick any boxes yet,

You need to look at the deemed served date on the paperwork you got back from the court today, Abbey will have 14 days to acknowledge your claim if you have not heard from them or the court 14 days after the court's deemed served date then give the court a call and ask if Abbey have acknowledged your claim.

You really must read the FAQ's and understand the process that courts require.

From now on it's not as easy as sending a few letters, not knowing what you are doing now really could cost you your case.