Payment offered but not received for over a month

Stub001
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone advise next steps here please?

My girlfriend successfully reclaimed (and received prompt payment) Bank Charges from Lloyds TSB, and recently has effected a claim on her Lloyds TSB MasterCard. On Jan 24th 2007 LTSB's solicitor's settle the claim and make payment to her MasterCard. She wrote to their solicitors on Jan 30th (and chased on Feb 14th) asking for the money to be paid into her bank account (the balance of her MCard had been cleared). The solicitors claim that they are awaiting a cheque from LTSB to send out. Over a month has passed since their original letter and no sign of the cheque...is there anything that she can do to expedite matters?

Thanks.

Stuart

If you have not done so already phone then first. If you get nowhere then write to them enclosing a copy of the correspondence confirming the agreement and state that if you do not receive a the funds in 14 days the you will commence legal proceedings against them, head it Letter Before Action.

If they do respond after the 14 days then issue legal proceedings against them.

I am assuming that you did not commence legal proceedings against them, but I am confused as their solicitors (SCM) do not usually get involved until you commence litigation.

I am a bit confused about this though 'On Jan 24th 2007 LTSB's solicitor's settle the claim and make payment to her MasterCard'. Is her MC in credit then?

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Thanks for your response. Legal proceedings were commenced, defence filed, allocation questionnaire completed etc, then offer to settle from Lloyd's solicitor.

MCard is now now in credit so hence not wanting the payment to that.

Does this help?

If MC is in credit then probably just easier to just use it and get it back to nil, rather than to chase for the money. I say this though, but I am not sure how much you got back, if say £5K you may not want to do this.

• Haha 1

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.