Caution Supermarket Petrol

Kengb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

With great thanks to the honest and hard working mechanics at Burton Bros. Vauxhall garage in Ramsey.

My Vauhall omega (03 2.6 CD) was showing an engine magement warning light indicating emmision problems, after 2 days a profound missfire was present cutting power by 75% and generaly running realy badly, took it to the garage, hooked it up to the computer, it read emmision problem and loss of compression (theres a suprise). A less reputable garge could have hammered me for, plugs, ht leads, sensors etc. But Robert at Burtons, bless his cotton socks, informed me that all vauhall garages, in east anglia, are inundated with any car that has engine management systems, all showing the same symptoms, and all have recently fill up with super market fuel.

Around here its predominently Tescos but Morrisons, Sainburys and asda all giving same problem.

Mechanics advice, run tank dry fill up some where else for a while. The small charge for the diagnostics was worth it.

Ken:o

thats not the first time ive heard that either.

2.2 ecotec v/h sintra, same problems

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This has been known for a while by many garages that supermarket petrols are of very low quality and as a technician i advise anyone not to fuel at these places and pay that little bit more as it does effect the engine what fuel you run your can on in the long run.

Well at least I was in befor the BBC, but now left with an engine, normaly sweet running, that sounds and feels like a JCB. Still no addmission by any guilty party, Supermarket or supplier, so do I just smile and pay for the replacement sensor (140) and get back to work because it looks less than likely that tesco, in my case, is going to admit anything.

NB Tesco advertising extra points for breakdown insurance!!!