Catalogue companies & electronic signiatures

Caz1974
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all:)

I was just wondering if anyone out there could enlighten me to whether when you open a catalogue account online the same rules apply as to a signed credit aggreement?

I opened an account with simply be over the internet and have unfortunately been unable to keep up my regular repayments.

I have sent off for a CCA request but wondered about whether this would be different with an online account? It just tells you to tick a box and use a password is this deemed the same in the eyes of the law as signing a credit aggreement?

I'm unsure if I'm going down the right road in terms of my debt - cheers:D

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

Hi Caz,

I am in exaclty the same place as you wiht this catelogue. I sent off mt Cc letter on 20th feb. they recd next day ..... so I am just waiting.

Ida

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Stay in touch Ida and let me know how you go on I'm finding it all a bit mind boggling at the moment so any advice will help:)

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

I do not think so as online it could be anybody pretending to be you !!!!

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

Hi caz,

Seems the reply I have got from my CCA letter is 2 letters. One is a statement and another is is a letter stating I have fell behind in my agreement? Not to my knowledge! I think I will just wait and see if anything else comes!

This time last year I would have panicked but now to this site I am having a wee drinky to them!

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

:D I know what you mean Ida ( clinks my glass with yours) - I haven't heard back yet but I had a telephone call which I politely said this account is in dispute and this call is being recorded please could you put everything in writing ( I felt very brave and really enpowered) and the lady on the other end apologised and hung up......I'll have to wait and see.

The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Electronic Communications) Order 2004 and Electronic Communications Act 2000 are the areas you guys need.

i've not had any experience in this but i'm happy to do some investigations once i've finished my other quests?

Thanks Sequenchie!

I would be happy plodding along to pay this off but they DO NOT want to help you and just want to add more charges and interest and as much as they can.

Hi Ida I know what you mean I missed one payment and they were on the phone 2 days later and weren't interested in my situation whatsoever and wouldn't set up a suitable repayment plan that I could meet - the person on the other end just said "well I've now added £20 to your account" and "i'm passing it to our debt collectors" " you've had the goods and signed for them so pay" I thought hmmmmmmmm lovely service this is!

Thanks Sequenci!

Anything you can find out would be great - if you get the time:confused: I think we've got a grey area here that not many people know much about

Hi I've found this in the amendmenets of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Electronic Communications) Order :Article 4 amends the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 to enable agreements to be concluded electronically and to enable the creditor or owner to include in the signature box information about the process or means of providing, communicating or verifying the signature made by the debtor or hirer.

Does this mean they can send me a box with a tick as my signiature? or do they have to prove it otherwise?

hi all. i cca'd reliable collections who were working for a simply be and a jd williams account. all cca's defaulted and resulted in a load of mush being sent, and they addmited there was no enforceable debt. im unsure on littlewoods, but i think most of these catalogues are the same. if anyone needs help with the DCA simply be etc use, please pm me

hth

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I wondered if anyone could help me compose a letter to reliable collections I recieved a reply regarding my CCA request today which was along the lines of "we are familiar with the consumer credit act and therefore we understand that this debt is unenforcable this does not alter the fact that this is an unpaid debt and has such will be recorded on your credit record as a default"

Can they actually continue sharing your data if you haven't signed an agreement giving them permission to do so?

Any advice much appreciated:D

Can they actually continue sharing your data if you haven't signed an agreement giving them permission to do so?

Any advice much appreciated:D

if you've not given them permission they are breaking the law.

Is this a credit agreement law or a data protection act one?

anyone?