Northern Rock ** WON **

coppertop
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6176 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I rang Northern Rock today, but didn't get to speak to Geraldine. The lad I spoke to advised that an acknowledgement letter had been issued 25 January (it must of gone pigeon post as it hasn't been received). He then went on to advise that they had 40 days to supply the documentation. However, he decided he would get something in the post straight away when I told him the 40 days lapses on 03 March (this Saturday)! We'll have to see what arrives. Watch this space ........

Thanks for that infor noomill060, have read some of the other NR threads and looks like I could be in for some difficult arguments - however, I must admit, I do NOT give in easily!!!!!!!!!!!

When Northern Rock realised that they had surpassed the 40 days with me (i sent a letter advising them of court action) I had Geraldine on the phone every day assuring me they were retrieving all the information and even phoned the day after she sent it to check I'd received it. Don't know what they'll be like when I start asking for money back though!

I have my letter already typed out and ready to be send off on Saturday if nothing arrives. It'll be interested to see what their reaction is when I start asking for refunds. In comparison Northern Rock is still a relatively small bank in comparison to Barclays, etc. When it suits them they still have this 'building society' banner over them. However, we will not be fooled!

• 2 weeks later...

Sent my 7 days letter and received a copy of the charges after 5 days but referring to the date of my 1st letter!!!!!!!!!! Replied by return of post for a refund of the charges, so lets see? Reading other threads they seem a little bit threatening.

HELP - Letter from L Matthews, Manager of Northern Rock, stating

that the current account charges are entirely lawful and they are not an "illegal penalty" and nor are they unfair and unenforeable.

Your letter makes reference to a regime of fees that is "unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations” Without identifying the common law, state or consumer regulations or, more particularly m the specific sections of statutes or regulations your seek to rely on. You should also specify any conduct on the part of Northern Rock plc that you consider has been unlawful or has not complied with UK law. For the avoidance of any confusion, in this context Northern Rock plc has only ever acted as your current account provider and not in any way as your personal banking service provider or indeed any other position that might be considered to place it in the position of your fiduciary.

She also says that I must disclose reasonable grounds for bringing a claim against them, and if such a claim is issued, that it would have any prospect of success. In the event that proceedings are issued without having provided a substantive response to the legal issues, Northern Rock reserves the right to bring such failure to respond and the content of letters to the attention of the court in relation to its costs.

To date, I have issued the DPA letter, followed by a letter as I did not get a response within 40 days, then a letter after I got my list of charges asking for money back. My last letter I sent was the LBA.

Any suggestions - please

As you have sent your LBA, just stick to your own timetable and start your small claim action and let defend their corner if they want to.

You dont need their permission to take them to court.

The mention of costs is total nonsense designed to try and scare you. In a small claim there are no costs, apart from the court fee, which you pay upfront and add to the amount you are claiming from the defendant.

Dont get into a letter writing duel with them, they are trying to delay you making your legal action and dance to their tune by tying you up in knots.

Once they get notice of your claim from the court, they will have to either respond or lose by default.