who is cheapest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

can someone help, my electricity bills, with Scottishpower, have increased from £31 pounds per month 1 year ago (they were only charging me for 1 meter instead of 2) to £37 then to £61(when they discovered the error)( they tried to get me to pay the £1400 that they reckoned they had undercharged, i challenged them and they backed off) and then to £118 in novemeber and now this month £250. i have looked at Uswitch but they dont seem to have the plan i am on, i had Brittish gas round , but even in their literature they are even more expensive. i am on premier plus tarrif with 2 meters.4.295p/kwh and 9.081p/kwh respectively

any help would be great.

Mackie68

RBS account 1: LBA sent 7/7/06 £1285 RBS offer to settle at £1090, accepted 5/8/06damn i wish i hadn't

RBS accounts 2 and 3 and 4: court claim lodged 5/9/06 for £745 + costs NO RESPONSE 26/10. SETTLED AT PROOF HEARING

CAP ONE : court claim lodged 8/9/06 for £160 account creditted with £46: settled in full 14/10/06

BARCLAYCARD: court claim lodged 8/9/06 for £445, Information Commissioners Office complaint made - offered to settle for 160 17/8/06 refused DEFENSE LODGED 26/10 in court 2/11. SETTLED IN FULL

style financial - lba for £106.16, settled in full 20/9

ge money - lba for £73 20/9 repayed £45

RBS account 4 again : LBA sent 9/10/06 £38

ge money 2: lba sent 9/10/06 £174.95 and default removal, 16/10 settled in fullrefused to remove default

RBS account 1 again : Prelim approach sent 26/10/06 £293.17

Hi Mackie, why dont you use the Uswitch link at the top of the page, I tried them out and am now making a saving of £62 a month on both my gas and electricity after british gas hiked up its prices I decided to go with the one that was not quite the cheapest but am being green to by switching to a greener energy supplier who also believes in fair billing for everyone instead of penalising those on low incomes with prepayment meters and favoring those that can pay by DD.

*Won* Woolwich £5300

I do not believe uSwitch.com to be independent or without some vested interest. I am informed they receive a commission payment per switch from energy companies who subscribe to them. My provider does not subscribe in this way as it is seen to be unethical.

Why switch to "today's" cheapest when that provider may be the UK's most expensive by the time your energy is switched over (usually in 4 to 6 weeks) or someone else sneaks below their "capped" rate level?

My provider of choice monitors the "Big 6" on a daily basis and promises a guarantee to be competitive with these companies at all times plus always committed to being cheaper than the local electricity provider or British Gas.

For me, that is the most reassuring way to go in these rollercoaster times of energy price fluctuations. I have peace of mind and I'm not going to spend the rest of my days constantly switching from company to company in the misguided belief that I'm saving a king's ransom.

I lose no sleep worrying if I'm getting the best deal on the market or not and I wouldn't know a standing charge or KwH if I woke up beside one.

Anyone is free to contact me privately for more information -- obviously (as in other forums) I have a business interest here, but I would consider it crude and tactless to attempt to force a "hard sell" on my good friends here at CAG.

Ian P of Edinburgh