Default for £1.11...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've posted this similarly in another thread but I wanted to open discussion about pursuing Bank of Scotland for defaulting both accounts held with them. One account has an overdraft of £100 and the balance is -£321.25. I have charges & interest totalling £320.14. Obviously I am more than willing to give them £1.11 back. So effectively they have defaulted me on my credit file for £1.11...

My other account is a student account which had its overdraft withdrawn due to lack of regular credits to the account. I have been in & out of hospital with kidney problems, and was due to have my overdraft review on 28th December. I got out of hospital on 24th December after major surgery, which the bank knew about. Yet they took off the overdraft despite various meetings, phone calls letters etc in January and defaulted me on that account also.

I've just received the usual 'pass the buck to customer relations' reply to my Prelim letter. I have 2 accounts that I'm pursuing charges on and both have now been defaulted, even after many meetings at my branch to dispute the mess my student & current accounts are in as a result of their charges.

I have my credit report from Equifax which shows nothing & I'm waiting on Experian & Callcredit. Experian are the agency Bank of Scotland register with.

I had an appointment at Clydesdale to apply for another student account & have received a letter saying I wasn't able to be accepted & to contact Experian for my file.

Obviously BOS having defaulted me on 2 separate accounts when they are clearly in dispute beggers belief! They have also passed the accounts on to the lurvely Blair Oliver & Scott who call at least twice a day. I've notified them of my beginnings of possible court action & have sent a letter requiring all correspondence in letter form from now on.

I kept the unlawful default statement on the prelim letter & sent it to my branch who have now referred it to the ever helpful customer relations. If and when it comes to submitting the forms for court action, can I put an order for the removal of the defaults and what are the particulars? Also where would I stand with regards to the fact that the default shouldn't have been applied, but since they have been, I've been declined for other banking facilities as a result? I have informed the branch of my hospital stuff, and even shown them this hospital discharge letter from December (which I'm not obliged to show them after all) thinking that might make them rethink the charges & re-instating my overdraft, but I got a default instead.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome as usual!:)

Lloyds Current A/C DPA sent 7th May 2009 Closed and charges wiped Summer 2010.

Barclays A/C DPA sent 4th June 2009: no reply, no correspondence as of 2011.

Littlewoods Data Protection Act Section 10 sent 09/06/2006 - Fraudulent A/C closed and CRA data removed November 2006.

HSBC Default & Debt wiped March 2009 (6 yr Statute barred reached)

RBS - Claim 1 - Settled in FULL £766.00 20/06/2006.

RBS - Claim 2 - Settled in FULL £777.95 08/09/2006

BOS A/C No. 1 & 2

Amount - £586.39 claim plus 8% interest

SETTLED IN FULL 08/09/2006 - CHEQUE FOR £625.25

Halifax Visa Data Protection Act Disclosure Received

First Direct Data Protection Act Disclosure received

So effectively they have defaulted me on my credit file for £1.11...

Under that scenario, they defaulted me for minus £1,300 !! Although I do understand the viewpoint.

...If and when it comes to submitting the forms for court action, can I put an order for the removal of the defaults and what are the particulars? Also where would I stand with regards to the fact that the default shouldn't have been applied, but since they have been, I've been declined for other banking facilities as a result?

You (and me) need to read the default issues in the FAQ section and understand what we can do to have them removed, and possibly seek compensation for the false entering of this info. There's a lot to read, so be prepared to put time aside for it.

In short, you may be compensated for losses, but proving so might be tricky, and you could be compensated for distress etc etc.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I've been trawling the net trying to find any info that may be helpful, as well as various threads on the forum. I have my Equifax file but just sent away for Experian & Callcredit. I know BOS register with Experian, which has just directly affected my application the other week for an account at Clydesdale.

I've tried the old bean about registering a 'note of correction' to another entry on my file (Littlewoods fraudulent account I never opened), but Equifax got in touch with them, said the info was correct & removed the note! I've sent away for a copy of the credit agreement & am preparing to fight them over this.

It seems a much bigger problem than I thought these credit agencies, but hopefully if enough people like us challenge the entries, hopefully something will be done about it. I think it's rediculous that we effectively have no say or input in what is registered...

Littlewoods Data Protection Act Section 10 sent 09/06/2006 - Fraudulent A/C closed and CRA data removed November 2006.

BOS A/C No. 1 & 2

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

BOS A/C No. 1 & 2

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks