Removal of Default Orange debt on my record

ecoute
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

This may all be resolved for you by now as I see your last post was Feb but it may help others.

I had a similar problem with a vodafone default and got a letter back saying they wouldn't remove the default, and wouldn't supply me with any of the info I asked for. It was pretty much a standard letter and I don't think they even read my original letter in any detail - I had cancelled my account due to poor service and then they had kept billing me however I being in the middle of moving house at the time never received any of their letters (though I had a royal mail forward on at the time), first I knew of it was seeing it on my credit reference. Anyway I was really annoyed at the letter and they had a name and phone number on the letter so I called them - got an answerphone and left a message asking them to call me back asap as I was unsatisfied with the letter I received. About ten minutes later I got a phone call from the person who was really reasonable. I explained (in a very reasonable and calm way) about the poor service, how I had cancelled etc, he looked at my account agreed I hadn't used it much which was consistent with what I said about poor service and though they didn't have my letter of cancellation he agreed that we should try to resolve it amicably so he would contact the credit reference agencies and get them to remove the default, they will also send me a letter confirming this.

The point is with letters I think they have standard responses and don't really deal with the issues - he pretty much admitted as much that it was better to speak to the person and explain the problem (I have to admit before this I would have thought letter writing would have been taken more seriously), but I think the amount of people trying to get defaults removed just because the company doesn't have the original paperwork means peoples' cases aren't looked into in any detail. Also at the end of the day if you come across as a reasonable person who is being treated unfairly I think the person at the end of the phone who has the power to remove the default is far more likely to help you. So I would recommend you call them and speak to someone instead of just letter writing - before this I thought I had hardly any chance with vodafone as I had read loads of threads where people had been unsuccessful. Good luck!