help overdraft gettting bigger! ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6187 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As of late i have 2 accounts with hsbc one is my fiances and aanother is joint and as of late in the past year HSBC have been hitting us hard with charges for going over the overdraft which in the pastfew months the reason we have gone over it is because of their charges and they are not small never have been each month for a while now we have been hit £300 a month £125 per month as well as bounced direct debits,and the overdraft has got bigger and bigger and set to get bigger because again another £300 is coming out next month.

According to the bank they claim that these are standard charges and basically they said this has been going on for a while my credit score gets lower and lower as i tried to tell them that them taking out £300 a month in charges is ludicrus so in 4 mths they have charged me over £1200 in charges for swaying over the overdraft,totals upto a hell of a lot more in charges over the last year because every time the overdraft goes over a little bang £125 charge its never been lower

so i think its time for a claim then by reading what i have read so far looks like i have a case???

good for you!! i would say that you very very definitely have a case.

certainly send off the most recent SAR to get the ball rolling...nothing ventured, nothing gained.

and very good luck to you (not that you'll need it :D )

then you have a head start on most of us :)

how far back can you go?

you will need to keep copies of everything that you do. but if you already have statements for last 6 years, just go through and highlight everything that looks like a charge, add em up and sit back and gloat for a while.

write to bank and ask for them back. give them 14 days to reply to you. and the adventure begins :rolleyes: its often frustrating, but its mostly quite rewarding.

theres a standard letter in the template library i believe.

just shout if ya need a hand,

liz

also, if you have immeadiate problems, they will sometimes refund recent charges if you get shirty enough on the phone or by e-mail, they know their charges are unlawful and that they are on dodgy ground still making them..tho i wouldnt let on yet that you are reclaiming ;)

Step-By-Step Instructions

Charges description on statements - Please Read

6. Interest calculation spreadsheets

here's some light reading for you... should keep you going for now. read as much as you can and also read through as many threads as you can. help is at hand whenever you need it ok?

best of luck with it

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

sorry for sounding lost i am not good at all with figures and have just read if i get the intrest figure wrong they will think i not know what i am doing i am claiming £1208 in charges and the intrest bit is confusing me.

you dont need to worry about the interest just yet...you cant claim interest until you file with the court.

everyone feels a bit overwhlmed with it all to start with, just try and stay calm and take one step at a time.

first get your statements, if not online, then you will have to send the SAR. then work out what they owe you and request a refund.

read as much on here as you can, it really will help you get it all straight in your mind

• 1 month later...

ok update so far still waiting for SAR and have been in contact with HSBC as they phoned me asking why i was £285 overdrawn so i check internet banking and it was £110 overdrawnn and they charged me 1 charge £125 notified fees and another £50 for a DD reversal when i questioned them about these charges they claim they are fair and when i went back i little further and said ok howcome you have charged me since 7th jan 07 £428 in charges they said these were fair and justified and i have no chance of any refund...now are they just fobbing me off? as only 3mths = £428 for being at most £100 overdrawn a few times?

Yeah they all say that when they ring up although a few now understand the issue and almost accept that you will get your money back but will not do anything to help!!! This sort of charging just goes to show how wrong and unlawful it is and how it is all about how much the banks think they can get away with!! :)

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

Since the beginning of this year HSBC have taken £705.00 from me in charges. I spoke to someone on 24.02.07 (only £555 at that stage) and was told that he would look into refunding the charges. Nothing happened. I phoned them tonight about £150.00 being debited this week and a further £125.00 being debited next month and the supervisor said that they couldn't refund charges over £100 over the phone. You can read my vented frustrations in my last post on JW'v' HSBC.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

• 2 months later...

Congratulations.

Could you spare a few minutes to complete the refunds survey.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/survey.php

If you feel that the CAG has played a part in your success, remember that it was the donations of previous users that made it possible.

Without donations there would be no CAG..

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....