Charged £184 for a £5 direct debit!

RicardoDiaz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Something I thought I would share with you that I noticed through cross referencing some charges with other charges.

Last year I had a direct debit for £5 (minimum capital 1 payment) bounce.

Charged £38 by natwest straight away putting me overdrawn.

Last day of the month got £28 charge for being overdrawn making me overdrawn on 1st day of following month so got another £28 charge.

Total charged by Natwest of £94

By capital 1 who the DD was for got a £30 bounce fee putting me over drawn

Got a late fee of £30 and an overlimit fee of £30.

In total got charged £184 for a £5 DD.

It just shows how things can really sprial out of control for some people causing hardship, marital problems, reposessions and the list could go on.

It got me thinking and after tax I have to work 3 days to earn the money which is around 15% of my wages for a £5 DD.

SHOCKING!!!!

On the upside will be getting it all back!!:lol:

I’ve had the same thing happen to me, I can not believe how much of a Mickey take this all is, I am so glad people are now standing up to this treatment . Good luck on your claim ricardodiaz , I have just started mine over 6 years bloody £5131.

:x

That is exactly what started my second bout of charges, except it was a slightly larger DD. I'd been running close to the bone for a long time, and had been carefully budgetting every single penny, so was well aware when it happened to me too.

I've just received an offer for full claimed penalties, 10 days after sending the preliminary letter. I was pushing for contractual interest, but decided not to when they offered me all of my charges back, so I wouldn't look greedy in the eyes of the court if it went that far.

I'm about to start another claim for charges over 6yrs old, using the fact I was a minor when they started charging me as a lever against the old statute of limitations crap they spout for the older claims. Well, I will do if they ever send me all of my statements.

Sincere good luck wishes from me - hope you get every penny back.