boingboing v fd

boingboing
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've already had my statements, sent my claim letter with schedule of charges i'm claiming back, and recieved an offer letter yesterday.

Claiming £1026.50 plus £123 interest.

They offer partial settlement of £700 for my claim of £1026.50, and state.... "I am not prepared to consider a claim for charges relating to unpaid direct debits or for debit interest."

The unpaid direct debit charges total just under £200, and the rest of the £300 they've cut from my claim relates to the 8% I would be claiming if the case went to the small claims court. Now I think they've got themselves confused here as the amount they're taking this £100 and £200 from is the amount I'm claiming not including interest. This is first direct we're talking about tho, so I'm not suprised they got it wrong lol.

They replied before I prepared my LBA, so do I send the LBA now as I will not settle for a partial refund?

Thanks in advance for your helpful coments x

• 2 weeks later...

Got my reply today, they've actually offered 1026, but this amount is to be paid by them direct to the DMC who now have my debt. Fine by me, I'm not going to quibble over the 50p!

great news boingboing!

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50