advice needed re BOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there,have just joined forum today as im sure im going to need some help in reclaiming my charges!

About two and a half weeks ago i sent a letter (and cheque) to BOS requesting backdated statements, the cheque was cashed ASAP by them but i still hadnt received my statements, so called the bank to enquire when i would receive them-i was told that apparently some "information regarding my account had gone missing and it could take up to 28days for me to receive the information". Is this an genuine excuse,or as i suspect,just the bank stalling for time?!

Hi Lynspop,

BOS use delay tactics. They will send you a pile of data with statements missing etc. You will have to check that you have got what you asked for. They will respond just within time limits and stall along the way. They only seem to pay up when you initiate a court action against them. Good luck!

Is this an genuine excuse,or as i suspect,just the bank stalling for time?!

They have 40 days to return this info. Anything you do receive, check the dates all follow each other. Their favourite stalling tactic seems to be sending the statements a bit at a time with the months missing likely to be when you had the most charges...:-x It took me 4 attempts to get the full lot but it was within the 40 day time limit...

having read through lots of threads and info I am still confused but would really like to take on BOS a fiend for life! I am considering action against BOS was wondering if the same rules apply for closed business account ?:eek:

Hi Lynspop,BOS used a different system when merged with halifax. I received statements from 2004 and when I phoned them for the rest they told me 28 days but got them 3 days later.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi Lynspop,BOS used a different system when merged with halifax. I received statements from 2004 and when I phoned them for the rest they told me 28 days but got them 3 days later.

Me too, the rest of mine are due within 5 days now (they say). They claim it's because they are in another dept with me. I'm keeping a diary of events just in case.

:|

"You may fool all the people some of the time, you can even fool some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all the time."

P.T. Barnum

thanks everyone!

I have almost all my information gathered together now to send them-have put charge details into a spreadsheet showing the date and amount taken from my account and have my letter typed ready to go- my next question is- where do i send the letter to for the quickest response? My local branch or an HQ office?

Ok, quick update-sent my letter off to BOS HQ today claiming back my charges for the statements i have (which go back about 3 years), im a bit nervous at thought of it going to the small claims stage although i realise it probably will!

Fingers crossed!

just wondering if anyone else is hearing nothing from BOS at the moment? sent my first letter requesting my charges back 7days ago,heard nothing yet (only 7 to go before i send my letter before action!) but also havent actually received my requested statements yet(got my backdated charges off my online banking for the past 2years though)-and that letter was sent 30 days ago...looks like i may be complaining to the information commissioner about them!

anybody else having same problems?

i reckon they're getting backlogged now with all the letters they are receiving-but i dont care,its not my problem!!!