Labella vs Barclays

labella77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

I'm at the AQ stage, but thought i should write it all down for prosperity and to see how it all goes.

after receiving my statements in November 2006 i totted up £885 worth of charges.

Wrote the first letter to Barclays on 8th December

they replied back with an offer of £450

i declined and wrote the second letter on the 28th December.

they said no

i started the Moneyclaim online on the 5th January, barclays acknowledged the claim.

With 30 minutes to spare on the last day they entered a defence. the defence was for the full amount.

Today 13th February - i have just sent off my AQ, and wait with baited breath for my day in court.

Because they refused to accept my first request of £885, the court is for £1200 ish, as that includes interest and court fees. I guess at some time they'll click that being a pain in the neck to people and forcing it to go this far, they are just paying out more money because they have to pay for interest as well.

well fingers crossed, i'll kepp y'all posted.

Nice one labella, keep us posted and stick to it...they'll be paying you out before you know it :)

Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas

DAY 45: 27/10 - Data Non-Compliance sent off

DAY 67: 18/11 - N1 Deemed served

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70

59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80

179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs

254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 1 month later...

well it's over six weeks since i sent my AQ in, and i called the courts enquiring after a date. they said i should hear back proabbly mid April.

This just seems to run and run.

Luckily i am now gainfully employed so the money, although, i'm in need, isn't priority one.

Has anyone else had to wait two months for a court date?

• 2 weeks later...

Good news

I received my court date today

22nd May, i'm very nervous but rather excited. i should like it if barclays actually turned up. manybe they will....

Right i'm now going to find out everything i need to know about the court bit and what i need to take with me and send off before hand.

God this is exciting.

:D

:)

you are just like I was,

c***p**g it at the start but by the end I was like bring it on, I WANT you in court.

Get your court bundles in and then leave it until about 2 wks before the hearing, if you aint had contact, get in touch with them and casually mention settlement.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm putting the court bundle together as we speak, but the more i look through it the more nervous i'm getting. What happens if they turn up, i could be that one they decide to trash it out with. I haven't a clue what to say in a court room, i can read everything i can but i'm not a legal person.

I must stop thinking like this.

What happens at a small claims hearing? is it me putting my side across them doing there bit and then fight fight fight?

Please try not to get nervous, honestly! If I could charge a penny for every time I see/hear someone say 'I may be the first one' I'd be RICH!

Barclays will NOT see you in court, they do NOT want a judge to pull their defence apart, it hasn't happened yet, and is highly unlikely to happen in the near future. Hang in there...I promise you, like clockwork, Barclays will either call you days before the hearing, or just pay the money straight into your account to settle in full. They've just paid me in full for my 2nd claim against them, so it's very tried and tested coming from my mouth :D

Crash

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I would say 95% of the people claiming on this site are the same as you, not legally minded, as crash say's it's a tried and tested formula, just follow the advice given from the more experienced members of this site and bingo, you're a WINNER. don't worry do what you have to do and you will be fine.

labella77

If you do your bit correctly as suggested on this site, you have nothing to fear. They will only delay, the money is yours, not theirs.

Barclays has a habit of contacting people on the phone before court date. The following telephone number has been used to request them to settle before court date: 020 7116 4523. Get your claim number to hand when you call. Tell them you are giving them the last chance to settle before court date and quote your court date.

Barclays would normally send you an offer letter for signature. Cross out the confidentiality clause, sign the document and return to them. Bingo the money will be in your account before you know it. Notify the court of case withdrawal.

I WON - i got the letter from them today - yay yaya ayayayayayayayayayyay

naturally i'm not allowed to tell anyone and if we had gone to court their defence would have whipped my arse, over a "relatively modest" sum.

Well it may be modest to them and but to me it means food on the table and a new pair of shoes.

Thank you so much chaps and chapesses for support, reading everyones experiences helped me actually believe that i could do it.

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

Excellent news labella, really pleased for you...congrats :)

Crash