frances vs bank of scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

After researching the site for a few weeks ive now started my claim..which i estimate at roughly 1586. (which will actually pay for my overdraft to be paid off once and for all...yipee!)

So far i contacted my bank (bank of scotland) by telephone and requested my statements...which actually arrived within a week with no problems.

Ive been through the statements and discovered the estimate (not to sure about interest...(interest debited from account - notified from last month??)

I should now be sending the first letter of contact but need a bit of advice please

1 - do i send these pages (68 in total) highlightling the charges? ive noticed on site people talking about statement of charges..do i need to phone up and request this? or can i draw up dates and charges myself on paper to send?

2 - would claimimg the interest back (interest debited - notified last month) be applicable for me to claim back as i am always in my overdraft (wage goes in - still minus!!)

Fingers crossed x

Hi Frances,

I'm new to this too but from what i've read so far you can access the spreadsheet in the library to calculate everything and send this off. I'm just about to send off S.A.R to B.O.S did you contact your local branch?? I'm not sure whether to do this or the address in Edinburgh.

Hope this helps you'll get all the other info you need in the library section too!!!

If it's your first letter i don't think you actually need to send the spreadsheet.

hi there, thank you for your reply and your advice! :-)

I'll check out the library and hopefully it'll be an idiots guide as the word "spreadsheets" instantly gives me the shivers!

For my statements i just contacted the bank of scotland telephone banking line, it wasnt my local branch (ive tried to contact my local branch before and you'd think i was asking for their mothers number or something!). I didnt need to send a letter for them, and they reached me within a week. I paid a fee of five pounds for them (wonder if you can claim that back??)

good luck with your claim....give me a shout if i can help with anything

(although im tooootally confused with the procedure and need help...ive got an ear!)

im convinces that if my name gets tyed into computer regarding money, bells n sirens start flashing and tannoy voices are heard shouting "code red...this is not a practice!"

Could this be because by bank has defaulted me?

How do you find out if youve been defaulted and does this affect all your credit rating everywhere? ....or have i just had to many dealings with debt agents? ...oops .....although my overdraft because of charges is mainly the reason. ....vicious circle! :confused:

frances regardless of default they need to repay the chages back, indeed you may even make it part of your POC that you acceptance of settlement should include the removal of adverse information held by the CRA's as this was partially or wholly due to the disproportionate penalties, good luck.

You would ask for your credit file from Experian, Equifax, and think the other one is Creditcall, this will tell you what information is stored about you.

Hey Frances,

You can get a copy of your statutory credit file for just £2, although most of them hide that in the small print bacuase with all the identity theft going on they too have decided to cash in and sell real-time credit reference colutions (which I am not saying aren't good thing).

But if you just need to check to see if you have a default registered then £2 is sufficient.

Try here for Experian and here for Equifax

My bank also defaulted me as a direct result of bank charges, which I am going to demand they remove.

• Haha 1

Hi Frances,

Use the template excel spreadsheet to list all your charges starting with the oldest first and coming up to date. At this stage ignore the 8% interest column - thats for when you might have to go to court.

You do need to send a copy of this list of charges or schedule with your letter asking for them to be refunded. You can only claim charges applied for exceeding your overdraft limit or those attached to returning a cheque or direct debit because you have insufficient funds.You cant claim the interest charged for having an overdraft.

Look for "Excess overdraft charge" or "Unauthorised overdraft charge" or "RTD DD Charge" (returned direct debit) or "Charges as notified" or "unpaid Cheque charge" on your statements. These are the charges you want back.

Good luck!

• Haha 1

thanks guys for your advice!....i was really starting to wonder if all this was to difficult and Finding the time with my shift work ....and access to comp when u have a teenage bro in the house!

I think im starting to understand the procedure, so off to the library and credit check (gulp) i go.......

thanks again to everyone, i'll keep you posted

I'm only just starting to get to grips with the procedure but if i can help anyone at all...give me a shout xx:D