bt taking payments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,since going through my bank statements to reclaim my charges ive noticed that bt have been taking money from account,16 mths after i stopped being a customer with them,they are taking £85.00 per month no wonder im alsways skint lol!

what is the best way to get this back is it to just point out the problem or do a sar ?:cool:

hi nattie yes i did quey why they were helping themselves to my money as i had not been a customer for some time now,so im waiting for them to get back to me about that,the account i had was when i lived elsewhere and gave notice on the account then moved i cant believe ive only just noticed it !:o

well buzby im abit slack at checking my statements so its my own fault i didnt spot it sooner,as i do online banking i tend to look later and never get round to it,but i must say i will be checking them properly in the future.

Shows why it is good practice to cancel the direct debit from the bank end as well as the company end ALWAYS. If they have been taking money from your account(and you can obviously prove this) but they cannot give you reason, then it seems to me to be a no brainer in small claims...

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

i did think that was the only option,they claim cant find any of my details at all,arent they suppose to keep all records fo a certain amount of time? best bit is i just checked out my bank account and yesterday they put a cedit in my account for £339.00 yet they say i didnt have an account with them?

• 1 month later...

ok bt are now saying the account is closed which i knew already,but they still havent refunded a penny of my money.I went to the bank and complained they refunded jans payment which was £85.00 straight away but im still waiting to hea about the othe 15 payments,while at the bank they even told me that bt had tried to take a payment in feb but it hadnt gone through,they said it can be claimed on indemnity but they never said how long it would take,she forwarded the details while i was there to head office.

Does anyone have a clue how long this could take?

bt have sent me another email because i told them that i would be taking the issue further,they have given me a number to ring for the their customer options team never heard of it but i will give them a ring and let you no what they say.

The number for COT is 0800 800 880 but can't see they'll do much as the will mostly likely pass you off to the accounts department (sorry no direct number)

Insp C.

Abbey - £1100 - Court 18/05/07 - Won in Full 12/05/07

First Direct - Next (pending as 6+ years)

MBNA - PPI charges - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Started 10/05/07

Hi

This letter worked for me. Within two weeks they had paid back into my account what they edited from me :D.

You have to alter it a bit to your needs, but i think you can use most of it. Make sure you send it signed delivery :)

The below contact person is from the second line complaints department, so no hassling with India or telephone hell. Her name is on the BT website for complaints.

Mrs Jillian G Lewis

Customer Service Director

BT plc

Correspondence Centre

Durham

DH98 1BT

Account no: xxxxxxxx

Ref: xxxxxxx

Failed cancellation and ongoing charges Broadband service

Dear Ms Lewis,

Following my cancellation of BT broadband and moving my telephone services to another provider, I am puzzled as to why even after calling to confirm cancellation of my telephone service through you I am still being charged monthly for the privilege.

Can you explain why following my call to somewhere in India (?) my Broadband service was not cancelled?

My experience of cancellation with you was quite aggressive from you agent who considered my wishes to be less important than fulfilling some unknown quota. Despite 3 or 4 separate calls to gain a MAC address (needed to transfer the Broadband service) I was not provided in writing with this code.

This customer service is part of the reason I chose to move providers.

As there has been disruption locally I have not had a chance to study bank statements etc. I was shocked to find BT are taking £25.00 each month for something they do not provide.

I expect complete reimbursement within 30 days of all monies taken since the 5th of April 2006 when I confirmed my cancellation of all services

Kind regards,

LMS

TBH BT are a good company - their main problem is that they are a cumbersome old dinosaur, being wrenched into the 21st century when they clearly want to stay in the 20th...

They should really adopt the old BR catchphrase: getting there...eventually...:)

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 1 month later...

I would like to thank littlemisssunshine for the full address of Jillian G Lewis as I made an mistake in sending a recorded sign for to the London address of BT for her?my letter has not been delivered as yet????? and I now know why!!!

This wouldn't be relevant. The PO do not deliver to named individuals, so if you sent it to Newgate Street and it is still not signed for, it's not made it to the postroom!

I had a similar problem with BT Internet refusing to cancel my account after I had confirmed both in writing and via email that I did not wish to use them any more. After much ummming and ahhhing at their indian call centre where they tried convincing me that paying an extra £15 per month for a service that was slower and more restricted than my new supplier at my new address, they said they would cancel the account.

Six months later and multiple phone calls later, they still hadn't and because I cancelled my direct debit, they tried referring my account to Wescot...

Upon getting this letter I got very mad and phoned their executive office on 0800 3287103 and spoke/shouted at one of the people on there. We have been promised an exgratia payment of £125 for the inconvenience, a bunch of flowers for Mrs Jezza5986, a letter of apology, (which I intend to have framed :D ) and a letter from Wescot apologising for contacting me (Which I will be framing after scanning it and posting it on here to prove that they will back down when confronted with a snarling Civil Servant :D :D )

If you phone the number above, then you wil get through to their reception desk. Demand to speak to someone who can deal with your complaint and they will put you through right away.

Oh, it's in Englandshire not Darkest Mumbayutta too :D :D

Hope this helps,

jezza5986

• 1 month later...

well I had enough of their lies & false promises:eek: and after 120+ emails back & forth from support India the promise of goodspeeds!!! plus x amount of phone calls from India support & UK. 2 engineers line check o.k but still poor speeds [they inproved through the daytime] then drop to dialup on some evenings but you could not guarantee on it been stable? so I have given them the order of the boot and got my MAC from them yesterday so it is goodbye BT:) and India call centers no more curries???????