Knee problems

dori2o
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

mind you i said i am perfectly happy now my op is in about three weeks it is all these years (6)before our new doctor arrived and diagnosed what was wrong with me i was told it was fibromyalgia and ME turns out it was blockages of the arterial veins,,,really i should be annoyed..but i am thankfull its all happened so quick since it was diagnosed ony 10 weeks ago ...next will if anyone knows about crushed testicles ?

• 2 weeks later...

dori2o,

In the past, I had a very similar situation to you with my knees. I had MRI scans (inconclusive) Knee screen (injecting dye into the knee to show up tears etc, again, inconclusive) and I was given a provisional diagnosis of a torn medial cartlidge and ACL problems and sent for physio.

Eventually I was given an arthroscopy and a torn ACL was found but wasn't judged to be the problems, so it was left alone.

4 years later and 2 years ago now, I moved and got a new consultant and he also wished to carry out an arthoroscopy, this showed the ACL was now in need of repair, he could not do this at this point as he required more theatre time and a ward bed instead of a day bed.

Due to the fact he did ths arthroscopy, he was able to map the problems ready for repair and he also saw that the tear was worse than any MRI scan would have shown.

My ACL repair was done 3 months later.

What I am trying to say is, it might be best for this new chap to do the arthroscopy, he then knows himself what is wrong and if, like me, you have an ACL problems, he knows exactly how he will be able to repair it and he may be able to tidy up cartilidge etc to see if ths is causing problems before jumping into an ACL repair, if it isn't needed, as it is a huge operation.

In my case, because the initial A&E doctor following my injury told me it was an ACL tear, I became convinced thats what it was and the initial arthroscopy wasn't revelaing much, I was glad that t didn't of course but I was glad (in the end) the new consultant took the step of performing another arthroscopy, even though I wasn't keen, I am sure it made my ACL repair easier.

Good luck.

TF

All my knowledge has been gained from personal experience and the sharing of advice from fellow members.

• 3 months later...

UPDATE:

Got a date for my op, 1st february.

Can anyone who has had it done answer a few questions for me,

How long did you have to stay in hospital?

How long before you were able to go back to work? (I have an office job)

GE Money S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 21/11/06. Responded 01/12/06. Prelim sent 05/12/06 £406. Response 12/12/06- **SETTLED IN FULL** (£396)

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 05/12/06. NO charges in last 6 years.

Lowell CCA issued 21/11/06. Further reminder sent 8/12/06. Now commited criminal offence no response.

Capital One S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 Responded 03/01/07-Prelim Sent 16/01/07. LBA issued 06/02/07- N1 served 07/03/07- acknowledged 14/03/07.

Scotcall CCA issued 16/01/07. Criminal offence committed.

HFC Prelim sent 16/01/07. LBA sent- Final Correspondance issued with time limit of 29/03/07.

• 2 months later...

I fell over and hurt my left knee 10 weeks ago, I had a x-ray which showed no breaks, I saw a consultant who referred me for physio saying it could be ligaments. The following week my physio started. The problems I have with my knee are swelling which ive applied ice with no affect when I walk on it I get a catching feeling as though something is moving inside and it grinds when going up and down stairs, coming downstairs is worse than going up them, it also gives way and have a feeling as though my leg isnt there it feels very weak it sometimes locks and becomes very painful. I also have trouble bending it fully and straighten it out which I cant do. Regards to the physio Ive been doing a exersise programme I was being seen four days a week then went down to three and so on until once a week I have ultrasound on the knee but feel this is not helping at all and people have said could this be doing more harm. I feel Ive been given the run around by the treatment ive received so far. I had a mri scan recently and will get the results 27th march. The physio suggested asking the consultant for a Arthroscopy to have a look whats going on. Can I do this but what if the refuse this where do i go from there. Was even thinking of going private. I have 5 kids one with Autisim and ADHD very much hard work with him, I just want this knee sorted out. Thank you. Sue

• 3 weeks later...