muggins73 v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5862 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Actually, I'm feelin pretty damned good at the moment thanks me darlin'.

I've been a busy bee, so I have.

Managed to get the much needed printer ink, so I've just finalised my Application Notice to have my stay lifted, along with the judges covering letter and EX160 form to boot. So watch this space.

I've also printed off my response to Halifaxs customer relations dept, which like I said before, is soooo satisfying!!!!

I've also responded to abbeys' shabby excuse for a response to my complaints, asking them to give me my money back or it's off to court we go.

So, I'm feeling like a big fat weight has been lifted and its all stations go. Everythign else is crap, but at least everything I can do by way of my claims is now done and dusted.

How's about you then? Good to see that hilda is on her way out:)

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Had a letter back from the court this morning with regards to my application to have the stay lifted.

Unfortunately, nasty ole DJ Hurley has refused my application:sad::sad:

Ah well, I guess I'll just have to sit this one out...it was worth a try.

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Hard luck Muggins - unfortunately only to be expected.

Hi M

What a bummer......:x

No news yet on my claim, apparently it is with the DJ....still deciding.

kEEP YOUR PECKER UP my friend, I think that we are all in for the long haul.

DSxxxxx

Thanks guys.

Yep, to be expected but a right pain in the rear non-the-less.

DS, hope your DJ is nicer to you than mine was;)

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Thanks guys.

Yep, to be expected but a right pain in the rear non-the-less.

DS, hope your DJ is nicer to you than mine was;)

I should not think so for one minute, he is the DJ, that was outspoken and wanted this test case, he spoke as the senior DJ, for our area and as well I knew him when I was a teenager (a few weeks ago++++)we mixed in the same circles then, but have not seen or heard from him in years he was just a mere Solicitor then who worked with my hubbys cousin. I am sure he would not remember me, he has moved up into different circles now.

Dsxxx

CAN ANYONE HELP ME WE HAVE RECEIVED NOTICE OF HEARING APPLICATION AND ALL THE DETAILS FILLED IN BY HALIFAX ASKING WIHTOUT HEARING NO ESTIMATED TIME OF HEARING THE DATE OF THE HEARING IS 26TH NOVEMBER CAN ANYONE TELL US WHAT WE NEED TO DO WITH THIS APPLICATION ?? DO WE SEND IT BACK OR TAKE IT WITH US ?? PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP GETTING NERVOUS NOW :confused:

Had a letter back from the court this morning with regards to my application to have the stay lifted.

Unfortunately, nasty ole DJ Hurley has refused my application:sad::sad:

Ah well, I guess I'll just have to sit this one out...it was worth a try.

Welcome to the " SITTING ON THUMBS " club !!

Just think of the interest mounting up each day, makes it a bit easier. LOL

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

CAN ANYONE HELP ME WE HAVE RECEIVED NOTICE OF HEARING APPLICATION AND ALL THE DETAILS FILLED IN BY HALIFAS ASKING WIHTOUT HEARING NO ESTIMATED TIME OF HEARING THE DATE OF THE HEARING IS 26TH NOVEMBER CAN ANYONE TELL US WHAT WE NEED TO DO WITH THIS APPLICATION ?? DO WE SEND IT BACK OR TAKE IT WITH US ?? PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP GETTING NERVOUS NOW :confused:

Hi there moonlightvella,

Just had a look at your post in the following thread Smiths V Nationwide - Nationwide Paying Up!!! Yipeeee!!! as it appears that you haven't started your own thread detailing exactly what has happened with your claim. Before I can give you, or better still help you to locate, the information you need in order to prepare for court, it might be an idea to post a new thread entitled moonlightvella v halifax detailing your claim, this way you can be advised properly.

However, and providing I have understood correctly, you have filed an Allocation Questionnaire and have received The Notice of Allocation which meerly advises you that your claim has been allocated to the relievant track (normally a small claims track for amounts not exceeding £5,000) and a court date set. You will only have to contact the court if you can not make the date set, or if Halifax choose to settle prior to your case being heard when a Notice of Discontinuance will have to be submitted to the court by yourself advising them of such.

Once the Judge allocates a hearing date he/she will send you and the defendants a letter with directions on (these DIRECTIONS may include submitting your COURT BUNDLE to the Court and the DEFENDANT before the hearing). You need to comply with these directions in good time, its unlikely the bank will, if you get yours right it puts you in a stronger position.

Extremely unlikely, but the bank may choose to attend court. If this looks likely to happen, come to the forums and post details of events. We will help to guide you through the proceedings. There are some good guides of how to behave in court and prepare for a hearing to in Templates Library.

Hope this helps ease the panic slightly:)

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Welcome to the " SITTING ON THUMBS " club !!

Just think of the interest mounting up each day, makes it a bit easier. LOL

Believe me I am trying, but I could REALLY do with the blasted money.

Car is unwell and is going to cost more than we can possibly afford, I've got my sons 4th birthday party on the 20th which is more money that we dont have, rent needs to be paid the list is endless:( buggers have really stitched me up good n' proper I can tell ya!!!!!!

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Halifax received my DSAR in May 2006, I am still yet to receive all the information requested, I even have letters from them confirming this. If they are true to form they will send you hge piles of screen prints, normally about 4 copies of each. One thing that is worth looking out for is they send screen dumps of informaion which show the first few lines of an entry but miss of the rest - make sure you ask them to transcribe the entries to show the full information

Dear all,

I am here:

"If the bank fails to supply you with your data within 40 days then you should complain to the bank. Give them 7 days to comply and tell them that you will begin a complaint to the Information Commissioner and also that you will begin a County Court action under the Data Protection Act.

If the bank does not respond to your 7 day warning then begin your complaint and start your action."

I sent them the letter to tell them they've got 7 days last Monday (had confirmation of receipt by phone). Should I give them 4 days extra due to postal strike?

PS: I have already reported them to the Info Comm.

30/07/2007 Request sent, including £10 cheque(Special Delivery)

03/08/2007 Receipt confirmed by telephone (spoke with A.G.) and on Royal Mail Track & Trace. Cheque processed (on statement)

28/09/2007 (40 working days) Called branch I was advised that A.G.does not work at branch and letter wasn’t received (So how did they process cheque?!!)

02/10/2007 Sent LBA (reported them to Information Commissioner)

Halifax received my DSAR in May 2006, I am still yet to receive all the information requested, I even have letters from them confirming this. If they are true to form they will send you hge piles of screen prints, normally about 4 copies of each. One thing that is worth looking out for is they send screen dumps of informaion which show the first few lines of an entry but miss of the rest - make sure you ask them to transcribe the entries to show the full information

Hi andybars,

It might pay to read up on a whole thread hun as I am way past this stage in my claim against Halifax:)

Even after putting in an application to have my stay lifted the DJ has still said no which is a big fat bummer and was a shot in the dark, but well worth the effort had it have paid off.

Sitting on thumbs time, as good 'ole stonedecroze puts it:razz:

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Dear all,

I am here:

"If the bank fails to supply you with your data within 40 days then you should complain to the bank. Give them 7 days to comply and tell them that you will begin a complaint to the Information Commissioner and also that you will begin a County Court action under the Data Protection Act.

If the bank does not respond to your 7 day warning then begin your complaint and start your action."

I sent them the letter to tell them they've got 7 days last Monday (had confirmation of receipt by phone). Should I give them 4 days extra due to postal strike?

PS: I have already reported them to the Info Comm.

30/07/2007 Request sent, including £10 cheque(Special Delivery)

03/08/2007 Receipt confirmed by telephone (spoke with A.G.) and on Royal Mail Track & Trace. Cheque processed (on statement)

28/09/2007 (40 working days) Called branch I was advised that A.G.does not work at branch and letter wasn’t received (So how did they process cheque?!!)

02/10/2007 Sent LBA (reported them to Information Commissioner)

That my friend is entirely up to you.

Things are bound to be rather delayed due to these postal strikes, however, the likelihood of Halifax actually dealing with your request anytime in the next iceage....well your guess is as good as mine.

IMHO I'd give them a call and make your decision based on that.

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

thanks for your help and info sorry i cant really get where i want to get on here i already sent the court a copy of everythinag and also the bank a duplicate copy and we have a copy but now we have received the Notice of Hearing of Application and it goes like this you should provide this information for listing this application and halifax have filled in the following

question 1. How do you wish to have your application dealt with ?? and they answered without a hearing

question 2 give a time estimate for the hearing/conference - no answer

question 3 is this agreed by all parties ?? answer no

question 4 give dates of any trial period or fixed trial date?? answer - none

question 5 level of judge - District Judge

question 6 parties to be served - Claimant

then it goes onto say Note. you must fill in parts A,B, and C and halifax filled it all in i am really baffled what to do now can you help me attatched to this letter is halifax photocopies loads of them and they gone on with load of stuff but in the centre is the exhibit of halifax statement etc so what do i do now shall i just ring the court on monday and ask them or will this make us look as if we are not prepared ?? ALL HELP GREATFULLY RECIEVED thanks to all you can email me moonlightvella@waitrose.com thanks as i seem to loose the links here

Evening moonlightvella and thanks for getting back to me.

First things first calm yourself down, there is honestly nothing to worry about:)

It appears from the information that you have just given me that Halifax have applied to the district judge (DJ) to have your claim stayed which basically means put on hold.

The notice you have received is exactly that, it is the court advising you that Halifax have applied to have your claim put on hold, which in light of the testcase is nothing out of the ordinary. The photocopies are for your files and again is pretty standard stuff.

Now all you have to do is wait to hear back from the court advising you whether or not the DJ has allowed Halifaxs' application to have your claim put on hold. Again, in light of the testcase, this is the most likely scenerio. However, if the DJ decides to refuse their application your claim will proceed as per the norm.

If you haven't already filled in an Allocation Questionnaire already, the court will send you one. Again there is nothing to fear, this link given below will help you do this

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

In light of this I do suggest that you really try and get to grips with using this site. It would especially be beneficial if you take the time out to read (if you haven't already) the FAQ section which contains all of the information you need

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

I also suggest that you start your own thread in the Halifax forum as members of this site will be able to help you more efficiently as you'll be easier to locate.

I hope I've managed to put your mind at ease for the meantime. If thre is anything more I can advise you on, all you have to do is post.

I wish you all the luck in the world and try not to get so wound up as it'll only give you wrinkles;)

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Guest steve3pln

hi muggins been a way for a while ,back on the case now have to start the court stuff now any advice welcome just started on the ppi as well 4/ to 5 to start its a joke all these lot do is rip us off /dick turpin wore a mask by for now

• 7 months later...

Hi muggins hun ;-)

just wanted to catch up and see how ya doing ?

havnt been around here for ages now and im just trying to catch since the tide has slowly started to turn again.

Time to continue with my various cases again me thinks (been on hold for nearly a year).

Johnny

Dont Rush - Take Your Time - Dont always take me seriously

:p

If you feel i have helped you then click

Here, if you feel i have not helped you then click Here, if you want to complain about this go Here, if you would like bank secrets then go Here.

MBNA - Case Charges+PPI+CI+LA+Damages+costs

RBS Credit Card - Case Charges+CI+LA+Costs

Barclays - Case Charges+CI+LA+Damages+costs

Halifax - Case Charges+CI+Damages+costs

Online Finance - Case Charge+CI+Damages+costs