Credit Reports

Dani
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just got a quick question about credit reports.

I received my last one about 4 months ago and noticed there was a lot of account history on there from "Communication Suppliers" which I am guessing is my mobile phone contracts.

There are about 3 or 4 different ones on there, all following on from one another, so one starts 2004 ends 2005, the next starts 2005 and so on.

Can I get these old ones removed from my report or do they need to stay on there for 6 years?

Thanks

Dani

It depends - some of your credit report will describe certain searches as those to verify your name and address, which will not be shown to others who search your record. These are just classed as 'footprints' but do not leave a trace as such - they are there for information only.

Lived through bankruptcy to tell the tale! Worked in various industries and studied law at university. All advice is given in good faith only :)

The ones that I am on about is contained in my credit history section on the reports. They are concerned with contracts that I have had for a year with Vodafone, and then cancelled after the 12 months and got another contract - I used to do that all the time instead of upgrading - it was cheaper. So when people search my report they will see these on there. There isn't anything bad about them, there are no missed payments or anything, but it does make my credit history look rather a lot!!

Dani