Feralcat v Lloyds

feralkat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, Complete newbie on here, single mum determined to get back what the banks owe me but am struggling to understand about the interest - I HAVE read through the threads - honest!!

I understand that the 8% is charged if you are successfull in your claim and relates to the actual amount - say £35:00 unpaid DD Charge.

What I'm not sure about is Overdraft excess charges? These total £1,180 from 01/01/2001 - present. The other charges (unpaid DD/CHQ/SO) total £1,263 for the same period. Should I include these in my letter to the bank asking for repayment? (I haven't included any 'overdraft interest' charges - just the overdraft excess charges)

Also, not related to this particular thread - but some clever person can probably help -please?? :)

I sent my DPA letter to Lloyds on 26th April and received details of charges today ....... I also received information on 'customer notes' - these being very difficult to understand abbreviations - do these relate to charges already notified (IE Unpaid DD's etc) or further charges?

I'm sorry if this isn't very clear, it is all very confusing!!

Would really appreciate your help - Thank you!!!

Here's hoping for success!!!!!!

Kat

:)Lloyds ***WON*** £3,500 :)

Kat,

I've put your thread out on it's own so that others may pick up on your queries not relating to the interest more easily and you should get a better response.

With regards to your query on interest, there is an arguement that if most of your overdraft that you have been charged interest on is made up of charges, then you should claim the interest that relates to those charges.

I have prepared a spreadsheet that tries to deal with this issue but is not yet here on the site as it does not yet have full BAG approval. If you want it PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

Good luck with your claim. Don't forget to have a good read of the FAQ's and some threads, and a look at the library.:)

[

• 2 months later...

Well, I've finally done it - I've filed a claim and paid my due with MoneyClaim online - now comes the scariest bit!!

I hope its not me that they choose to take to court!!!!!!!!

Fingers (& toes) crossed

Feralkat :lol:

Hi all,

I filed my claim on Moneyclaim online and have now rec'd paperwork from Northampton court - but I am in Sussex??!

Does anyone know why this is?

Also, am I right in thinking that Lloyds now have 14 days to respond with a defence and if they do I then get sent an Allocation Questionnaire?

Many thanks for any assistance.

Feralkat

I'm sorry - I have another question!!

As I have previously stated my claim was deemed served to lloyds on the 19th July and they have until the 2nd August to respond.

I am going into hospital on the 26th July for an operation, and will not be home until the 7th August.

Does anyone know the earliest that I may be sent the Allocation questionaire? I'm concerned that it might arrive and I might run out of time before I am able to respond.

Would I be able to request more time?

Many thanks

Bumping this as no response - am concerned that I might miss any deadlines while I am away from home - anyone got any advice?

Many thanks

Feralkat

Moneyclaim use Northampton because it is the bulk processing centre should they decide to defend it will be transfered to your local Court

As I under stand it if Lloyds file a defence they then have 28days to lodge this and after this it is transfered to your local court and then you get your AQ

Im on a similar time line to you they have until 4th August to reply

I took mine to local court and explained I would be away 3rd-18th August I was told not to worry,but if I had heard nothing by then I could ring the court and they would put a note on my file,knowings lloyd they will file there defence on 18th August or the 16th in your case

I wouldn't worry about the timing too much Im sure you'll be back before anything happens

Good luck with the operation

Lloyds TSB - N1 claim issued 18/07/06 - £3440 Offered unconditional settlement 23/08/06

Vodafone-Information Commisioner assessment -default removal -25/07/06

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you know that I recieved my Acknowledgment of Service - Lloyds have until the 21st August to file a defence.

I'm sure they will as this seems standard practice ............... isn't the waiting the hardest bit!!

Oh hum!

Feralkat

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update - I have received confirmation that Lloyds intend to defend the claim and an Allocation Questionaire that I have to return by 9th September.

Am considering telephoning the solicitors to discuss the case with them as I have read on here that sometimes this 'prompts' them to offer a settlement before I have to return the Allocation Questionaire and the extra £100.

Does anyone have any advice regarding this? Is it worth contacting them - has anyone else had any success with this?

Any advice gratefully recieved!!

Feralkat

Thank you Elsinore - I shall be giving the solicitors a ring on Monday!!!

Mustn't forget to let them know that there's a further £70 in charges and of course all that loverly interest too!!

Feralkat

Hi there, can anyone tell me where I can find details of the defence that others have recieved from Lloyds? I've done a search as I thought it was in the Bank Templates Library but I couldn't see anything in there.

It would be useful to see if the defence that I have received is broadly similar to others.

Mine is full of errors - IE question marks where ever there should be an apostrophe!!

Many thanks

Feralkat

Hi again - quick question - do I have to include anything with my Allocation Questionnaire?

I haven't sent the bank, the solicitors or the Courts my spreadsheet of charges yet and not sure when is the time to do it?

Many thanks

FeralKat

I sent my AQ & Schedule of charges to SCM and then spoke to a Gary Blackman (I think) yesterday and asked him to ask his client if they wanted to settle before they incurred a further £100 court fee.

I got a call from the infamous Mr Thomas today which I'm not sure I can discuss but it was good news but with the usual conditions.

They are going to write to me with what he discussed so I think that I shall do the usual with the letter and see how I get on.

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to go about it when I get the letter? IE do I just cross out what I do not agree to and send it back or try and enter into a dialgue with the solicitors?

Also, they are going by the amount on the claim and not including up to date interest - how do I go about reminding them about that?

Many thanks for any advice given!!

Feralkat

Hey Feralkat, good news so far! I would have a look at mjanet's thread re conditions and interest reminding! It's an inspiring read, and we really give you some ideas about how to put the finer points! Good luck

Saj x

SEE MY THREAD HERE...http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/7358-saj-lloyds-tsb.html

Data Protection Act letter sent recorded delivery 15.5.06

Compliance 1.06.06

PAR letter sent recorded delivery 7.06.06

1st denial received 13/6/06

LBA letter sent recorded delivery 21.06.06 (received 22/6)

Moneyclaim filed 7/7/06, Served 15/7/06

Allocation questionaire returned 28/8/06

Court date 1st December :lol:

SETTLED UNCONDITIONALLY IN FULL 5.10.06

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks