bobsp v Barclaycard

bobsp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6278 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 14/12/06

They called the Mrs (this is Mrs bobsp v Barclaycard) saying they will send something out by 01/02/07

Nothing recieved so sent LBA 05/02/07.

As we have no idea what the charges for Barclaycard are what do I do after LBA expires. MCOL for what though?

I apologise if this is on the forum, i have been reading sooo much over the last few weeks my little brain if frying, I am watching around 10 other cases and trying to keep up.

Thanks in advance

:confused: how can you have sent an LBA if you dont know the charges?

Did you estimate them from some statements you had?

If you think my advice has been helpful, please click on the scales to the left :) thank you!

Non illegitimi carborundum

I wish I was a glow worm,

A glow worm's never glum!

How can you be grumpy,

when the sun shines out yer bum?! :p

Amex * 2 *** WON *** Settled

Marbles ****WON*** In full settlement

Capital 1 ***WON*** In full settlement

MBNA ***WON**** In full settlement

Barclaycard ***WON*** In full settlement

Barclays Bank - ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey (Mrs Chorlton) ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey (Mr and Mrs C) - MCOL submitted 16/5/07

possibly my misinterpretation - did you send a "claim" LBA out or an "SAR non-compliance" LBA out?

If you think my advice has been helpful, please click on the scales to the left :) thank you!

Non illegitimi carborundum

I wish I was a glow worm,

A glow worm's never glum!

How can you be grumpy,

when the sun shines out yer bum?! :p

Amex * 2 *** WON *** Settled

Marbles ****WON*** In full settlement

Capital 1 ***WON*** In full settlement

MBNA ***WON**** In full settlement

Barclaycard ***WON*** In full settlement

Barclays Bank - ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey (Mrs Chorlton) ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey (Mr and Mrs C) - MCOL submitted 16/5/07

• 4 weeks later...

OK, letter sent asking for £431 on 26/02/07, on 01/03/07 they just credited £143. I called B/Card to see what the CR was for, and I was told that it was the difference between what I was charged and the £12, that they should have charged, there will be no further credits.

I am sending a letter declining the CR, or that I will take as part payment, but if they dont pay the full amount, and I file MCOL, how much do I claim, and how does the interest side work?

Thanks

Bob

They had 14 days to comply with the non disclosure LBA so if it were me I would

1. Send letter as you state above accepting as part payment only.

2. Proceed to court forcing them to provide data/statements.

Sorry you didn't say if the £400 odd you are claiming was because they sent you the info. If so I suggest you follow step 1 only.

Hi,

We eventually got the statements after hounding Adrian Whalley.

I will write stating the above (no1) and remind them they have xx days left to pay the full amount, after that time an LBA, then MCOL.

Thanks

What interest did you state on your prelim? You have to state contractual from the first, if you are happy to go down that way. If like me, you want to ease yourself in gently, claim 8% when you get to court stage. Vamp's spreadsheets do this for you if that is what you are using.

Do lots of reading while you are waiting. We were all new once and there is plently of help out there but you will feel more confident if you have a feel for the next stages in advance. Good luck

I have heard more and more banks are trying to refund the difference of what people have been charged and this £12 "As recommended by the OFT". I cant find anywhere that says the OFT recommend £12. Is there any kind of template or referral that can be sent back with the, partial payment/refusal letter that quashes these banks claims.

Thanks

What interest did you state on your prelim? You have to state contractual from the first, if you are happy to go down that way. If like me, you want to ease yourself in gently, claim 8% when you get to court stage. Vamp's spreadsheets do this for you if that is what you are using.

Do lots of reading while you are waiting. We were all new once and there is plently of help out there but you will feel more confident if you have a feel for the next stages in advance. Good luck

i agree with sallysas. :D just follow the tried and trusted method. after all cag wouldnt be here a year later otherwise. dont try and fix what aint broken :rolleyes:

I have am not claiming the 8%, but it is on the spreadsheet, if they offer all but the interest, thats that. When it goes to court, as Barclays and Cahoot have been filed, then I CLAIM the 8%.

"If you won via the courts, you would be entitled to add 8% interest (not compounded) on top from the date you were ‘first deprived’ of the money (i.e. the date of each charge). Therefore you may want to ask for the interest as part of the initial claim. It's important to understand that you are not legally entitled to interest unless you win in court, yet all prior letters are a tool of negotiation; think of it a bit like haggling."

I stated 8% on my own spreadsheet which I formatted.

Thanks

this is what is confusing us all. so you didnt actually ask them in your prelim for the 8% aswell? all well and good. carry on then. but follow the tried and trusted method on here :D

I have am not claiming the 8%, but it is on the spreadsheet, if they offer all but the interest, thats that. When it goes to court, as Barclays and Cahoot have been filed, then I CLAIM the 8%.

"If you won via the courts, you would be entitled to add 8% interest (not compounded) on top from the date you were ‘first deprived’ of the money (i.e. the date of each charge). Therefore you may want to ask for the interest as part of the initial claim. It's important to understand that you are not legally entitled to interest unless you win in court, yet all prior letters are a tool of negotiation; think of it a bit like haggling."

at court claim yes but not at prelim or lba stage. CCI is another matter are you claiming this from word go?

• 3 weeks later...

OK, sent SAR off on 23rd March, received a reply yesterday,saying I needed to enclose a chq for £10.

I did, the first time.

Further down it said the 40 days will start from when the chq is received., also that the chq must be made out to Barclays Bank. The initial 40 days is up on 4th April. Should I just wait until then, or sort this out now...

Incidently I also received a letter last week enclosing my chq I sent to Mastercard, sating it must be made out to Barclaycard, then the 40 days will start, also due to be up on 4th April. Any ideas?