Me v BOS

bs58
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm just about to send off my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) asking for statements relating to 2 accounts with BOS. Are they (BOS) guilty of timewasting by replying back and asking for ID, and if so is it worth sending some along with the SAR to save time?

After reading a few threads here I've noticed that there seems to be more than one address that people are sending their letters to - I think the most likely one I need is:

Adrian Percy

Data Protection Consultant

HBOS plc

Trinity Road

Halifax

HX1 2RG

Is that right?

Thanks for any help :)

Citi Cards

- S.A.R sent 29/01/07

- Statements received 08/03/07

- First Request sent 12/03/07

- LBA Sent 21/3/07

Bank of Scotland

- S.A.R. sent 27/02/07

- Request for Payment sent 14/05/2007

Hi BS58.

Are they (BOS) guilty of timewasting by replying back and asking for ID,
Far from it.

Under the Data Protection Act, all Data Controllers have a duty to ensure that information is only given to a person who is entitled to receive it.

If they issued information to someone who was not entitled to receive it, they could be in serious trouble with the Information Comissioner.

The Data Protection Register lists the following address....

THE DATA CONTROLLER

BANK OF SCOTLAND

THE MOUND

EDINBURGH

EH1 1YZ

Hope that this is of help.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Thanks for your reply Rooster, and for the correct address!! I'll go and amend my letter and get it posted tomorrow (recorded delivery of course;))

Cheers

Citi Cards

- S.A.R sent 29/01/07

- LBA Sent 21/3/07

Bank of Scotland

- S.A.R. sent 27/02/07

I've noticed that BOS has been closing down some accounts after claiming charges back. My question is - I have more than one account with them so would they threaten to close all the accounts, or just the one I'm claiming from?

Citi Cards

- S.A.R sent 29/01/07

- LBA Sent 21/3/07

Bank of Scotland

- S.A.R. sent 27/02/07

Hi Seahorse....fit like? Thanks for the link, although I had seen it before ....more fuel for the fire tho' eh;)

Citi Cards

- S.A.R sent 29/01/07

- LBA Sent 21/3/07

Bank of Scotland

- S.A.R. sent 27/02/07

i claimed £6667 from bos ,they offered full settlement i after i sent 2 letters and phoned twice,i called them twice and got a further £800 for account maintenance and £300 interest,no letter threatening to close account

Javorb,

After my first claim BOS waited about a month before closing my account and telling me to cut up my Visa Card. Hope you don't suffer the same fate.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thanks for the replies....I've gone ahead and opened a 'parachute account' just in case ;)

Citi Cards

- S.A.R sent 29/01/07

- LBA Sent 21/3/07

Bank of Scotland

- S.A.R. sent 27/02/07

Hi lukester147,

Re the English address for moneyclaim - it is you who needs an address in England as mcol is not available in Scotland. Do you know anyone living in England who would let you use their address, and forward mail onto you?

The BoS address for all claims is in Rooster's post earlier in this thread, even if you claim from England through mcol.

Hope this helps......Brian

Citi Cards

- S.A.R sent 29/01/07

- LBA Sent 21/3/07

Bank of Scotland

- S.A.R. sent 27/02/07

I got my statements free from my local HBOS branches. i just went in and asked for copies and they said it would cost £5 each to get them copied to me but then offred to do print offs from their computer system for free! So I got a year's worth of account info without having to go through Data Protection etc much much quicker.

I got my full 6 years statements for nothing. I went into my local BOS branch (just outside Glasgow) and asked the cashier for 6 years statements. I did this on a tuesday and recieved them (all 8 envelopes) through the post the following monday.

BOS :D.P.A/S.A.R - (In Branch) 28/02/07

PRELIM - 06/03/07 (std 8 wk reply recieved)

LBA - 20/03/07 (ignored)

COURT PAPERS FILED - 04/04/07

SETTLED - 17/05/07

CAPITAL ONE :DPA/S.A.R - 06/03/07

PRELIM - 12/04/07

LBA - 27/04/07 (ignored)

COURT PAPERS FILED - 14/05/07

If I've been any help please click the scales and let me know.

Whilst only too happy to help in any way I can, any advice given by me is done in a completely lay capacity and has been gathered either from research on this forum or from personal experience. I am NOT a lawyer...... IF IN DOUBT SEEK PROFESSIONAL ADVICE...........

i claimed £6667 from bos ,they offered full settlement i after i sent 2 letters and phoned twice,i called them twice and got a further £800 for account maintenance and £300 interest,no letter threatening to close account

Who did you phone Javorb?

BOS- S.A.R sent 2/2/07

Barclaycard- S.A.R sent 9/2/07

Ikea- S.A.R sent 9/2/07

Capitol one- S.A.R sent 9/2/07

• 1 month later...

SAR delivered and signed for on 1st March, so as from today their 40 days are up and no statements. Printing off letter for non-compliance and will post tomorrow.

Citi Cards

- S.A.R sent 29/01/07

- LBA Sent 21/3/07

Bank of Scotland

- S.A.R. sent 27/02/07

3 Teuchter's and a Jambo, eh? It'll be "You'll have had yer tea" all round then?:p

BoS's deadline is TOMORROW to deliver over 1.5K into my grubby little paws; else I send in the Sheriff Officer to auction off their computers... preferably with a TV crew in tow.

I'm quite far down the road with these guys and had a good victory v Abbey -- will be glad to help with advice if required! Best luck you guys.

regards,

Ian P of Edinburgh

• 1 month later...

Well.....finally got my statements from BoS and totalled up the charges:

£1,905 from one account and £771 from another, so Preliminary Requests (seperate ones for each account) will be posted tomorrow morning :D

Citi Cards

- S.A.R sent 29/01/07

- LBA Sent 21/3/07

Bank of Scotland

- S.A.R. sent 27/02/07

BS58:

The correspondence address I have got is:

Bank of Scotland

Customer Relations

Trinity Road

HALIFAX

HX1 2RG

. . . . . . . . and I've had replies from them as you'll see from my thread

Dusary v HBos

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Received replies to my Prelim requests today, stating that they have declined my request for repayment. So, I suppose I'll just have to send them my LBA's on Monday ;)

I have a wee question though that's been niggling away since I sent the 2 seperate preliminary requests (1 for each account). I'm fairly certain that I've since read on one of the forums here that both accounts should come under one claim. Is that right.....and if so, can I or should I now combine both claims at the LBA stage?

Cheers....Brian

Citi Cards

- S.A.R sent 29/01/07

- LBA Sent 21/3/07

Bank of Scotland

- S.A.R. sent 27/02/07

Hi Brian,

Depends how you are going to claim. If you claim through the Scottish courts you really need to claim for one account, have the claim settled and then claim for the second account. The bank to save on its defence costs can get the two accounts lumped together if you claim for them both at the same time. This would take you into ordinary cause country (over £1500).

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks for your reply Rory.

Yes, I would be claiming through the Scottish Courts, and I certainly don't want to go down the Ordinary Cause road!!

I have been thinking about using the FOS first in any case, if BoS don't settle after getting my LBAs, which I doubt they will.....

Cheers...Brian

Citi Cards

- S.A.R sent 29/01/07

- LBA Sent 21/3/07

Bank of Scotland

- S.A.R. sent 27/02/07

Yes, FOS is fine for lumping them together. Just remember if you don't get the result that you want from them you can still use the court, as the FOS decision has nothing to do with the courts.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Having been advised (in another thread) that the FOS only goes back the 5/6 year period (:( *SHAME*:( ) and I'm intending to go down the whole road (ie full banking history), it now looks as though I will have to get a mail box in England and go via MCOL - the 6 year period seems to indicate over £20,000's worth of charges.

Just a thought, Brian.

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Hi Dusary,

I had thought about MCOL, but it all seems a bit complicated with addresses and such.....I don't know anyone down south that I could ask....and the travelling down there for court appearances etc, so it's looking like the FOS is probably my best route?

Good luck with your claim!!

Cheers.....Brian

Citi Cards

- S.A.R sent 29/01/07

- LBA Sent 21/3/07

Bank of Scotland

- S.A.R. sent 27/02/07