had tel call re account ADVICE NEEDED ASAP

friendgeorge
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi just a bit of advice really, i was offered the £420.00 of charges from RBS/Natwest via letter, this was only taking the account to a zero balalnce instead of the £420.00 overdrawn, anyway a guy rang my home early this morning and left a message, asking me to ring him re the letter i sent back to him, i put on the letter that i would accept the offer if they would not close the account, as the letter i got with the offer, at the bottom, it said they if i conducted my account in this way again, that the account would be closed, and the OD balance was from charges??? i am going to ring him back, but i know he is going to be giving me a hard time, and i need ammo, what shall i say, re the account MAYBE getting closed? any advice please

Well, its up to you! The charges are unlawful in any case, but to push about this would almost definitely make him see red, and any likelihood of him giving you the benfit of the doubt (if he has the authority to keep the acct open) could make him decide not to.

Have you got a parachute acct in place?

Hi just a bit of advice really, i was offered the £420.00 of charges from RBS/NatWest via letter, this was only taking the account to a zero balalnce instead of the £420.00 overdrawn, anyway a guy rang my home early this morning and left a message, asking me to ring him re the letter i sent back to him, i put on the letter that i would accept the offer if they would not close the account, as the letter i got with the offer, at the bottom, it said they if i conducted my account in this way again, that the account would be closed, and the OD balance was from charges??? i am going to ring him back, but i know he is going to be giving me a hard time, and i need ammo, what shall i say, re the account MAYBE getting closed? any advice please

Have you seen the announcement today on posts - Alliance and leicester fined for closing account ?:cool:

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE