Wentworth Direct Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:-DI too tried to get a loan from them and after taking my £69 still didnt have the loan!!! wrote to them telling them how s**t they are and demanded a refund within 7-10 days i got my refund back into my account!!!! you dont ask you dont get!!!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys and girls, complete newbie on this site found it and have read ALL-.- comments regarding the Wentworth loan people... Would just like to say youguys are top class for the help you have provided people and probably me soontoo...... as I have gone down the Wentworth road too!!! I know I’m a plum but didn’tknow much about these fools until I gave them my details.... It was last week23/sept/2011 when the very friendly Sian called me up and went thought he samething as you guys have explained, I agreed that on the 30/sept/2011 that £69can be taken for the fee

Thanks for reading =]

Hey guys me again! As I said im keeping you posted, Wentworth did take the£69 from my account today and im not sure what to do, either leave it and waitfor them to contact me regarding the loan or for me to call and ask if theyhave found one for me...?

Also, I believe I have found another (loan) [problem]ming company.

loans4uk or loansforuk not sure which one, both have websites.

I spoke to an Indian guy called 'Rob William' and he explained with hiscompany I will not have to pay any admin fee or give him any of my bankdetails!! Sounded fan-bloody-tastic to me!

Then he was going on about a UKASH voucher, I didn’t know what one was TBHbut it’s a voucher you buy that’s basically a safe way to send money, on thevoucher there will be a code, tell the code to the person and then that personcan claim the voucher ammount without bank details being exchanged (did Iexplain clearly....? lol)

He asked me to buy a £60 UKASH voucher, so then I will tell him the code asa first instalment for my loan and the money (loan) will be in my account within5 minutes after the code would be given, I decided not to go down the route as Ithink it would be to easy for them to take the code and not give me a loan!!! Whatdo you guys think?.....

To be honest I wouldn't wait as they are not entitled to charge you a Brokers fee until they have found you a loan. Here is the body of the letter I sent to them last year:

"Re Loan Ref Number WDF ************

With regard to the above loan reference I am writing to request that you refund to me the £59 you have taken from my bank on the 6th of August. In your e-mail and subsequent telephone conversation I was told that you had found me a loan of £1,000 at an APR of 15.2%.

When I originally spoke to your representative I was told that you had a loan arranged for me, although she would not tell me with whom, and that all I had to do was to pay the £59 fee and the funds would be with me within 7-10 days.

As I have little doubt that you will not be able to provide me with a suitable loan (after doing some research into your company on the internet) then what your representative has stated to me during the telephone conversation was said to deceive me into paying your £59 "brokerage fee". As I am sure you are aware taking money from another by deception is a contravention of the theft act and punishable by up to 10 years in prison plus a fine.

Your credit broker licence dictates that you cannot in six months time ask for more than a nominal fee. Certainly NOT £59 and certainly NOT before you have provided access to a loan. Therefore I require you to refund the £59 you have taken from my bank account within seven days.

If a refund is not received then, rest assured, I will be taking the matter up with the Office of Fair Trading, and Trading Standards via consumer direct, my local MP and the Chief Constable of Kent Constabulary, Mr. Ian Learmonth, and pursuing a charge of fraudulent theft.

I have also since had telephone calls from other "brokers" offering me the same terms, so you have obviously forwarded my details on, which I did not give you permission to do.

Yours faithfully,"

I can't help with the UKASH voucher, as I have never heard of them but it sounds a bit fishy!!

Hope this helps,

Peter.

• 2 months later...

Don't go anywhere near them. It has taken me a lot of work to find out about the company as they robbed me just before Christmas. I have complaints in at the FSA, Ombudsman, OFT. And am also waiting for my card transaction (which I never authorized) to be reversed. If I have no result from this I have traced the md and his mothers (who is a director of Wentworth) home addresses so I can pay them a personal visit.

This company is absolutely discusting: Heres my story on 24th october 2011 i searched for a loan of 1500 entered my details and got a call back literally 3 minutes later: they said if i paid 70 pounds i would have a loan in by account within 7-10 working days so i spoke to my wife and we went for it, i was put in touch with an even worse company called ralph marlon loans who rather than deal with me over the telephone, they wanted everything faxing (oh and a guarantour), to which i stated in the first phone call that i couldnt get one and the guys words were 'With us pal u dont need one we WILL Get u a loan'i thought bonus (i thought Wrong) its been 2 months now ive rang them everyday since i didnt want to proceed any further i havent got through to anyone and ive tried 3 phone numbers and 4 letters to them with no avail,However i have contacted the financial ombusmans service, trading standards the police and my bank who have kindly refunded my money but not holding out any hope of a reply from wentworth, i hope i meet someone that works there coz i will hit them so hard goole earth wont find them

Don't go anywhere near them. It has taken me a lot of work to find out about the company as they robbed me just before Christmas. I have complaints in at the FSA, Ombudsman, OFT. And am also waiting for my card transaction (which I never authorized) to be reversed. If I have no result from this I have traced the md and his mothers (who is a director of Wentworth) home addresses so I can pay them a personal visit.Dude we should all go there and get our money back (Imagine all the people they have scammed) turning up at the gaffers joint and giving him what for

I presume you reported the card fraud to the fraud dept of your bank? I bank with RBS and as soon as I told them within minutes they did a charge back whilst I was still on the phone, meaning that the 69 quid was back in my acct within 10 mins. They sent me a form to confirm and that was the end of it.

• 2 weeks later...

well after having reported this ****** company to the police, trading standards, the financial ombusman and the bank i Still havent got anywhere yet in regards to a refund from them, i rang them last friday and was number 3 in the cue got down to number 1 pretty much straight away, after an hour of waiting at number1 in the cue they decided to pick the phone up and out it stright back down, subsequently i redialled straight away, and guess wat i was number 20 in the queue. i hope this place eventually gets shut down, theyre has got to be some sort of illegal practice going on here, not holding out much hope in hearing from them

I still don't understand why you are asking Wentworth for a refund...It probably won't happen. Why didn't you do a chargeback as I previously suggested with the fraud dept of your bank. I complained and the card payment was reversed in 10 mins. Police won't be interested, nothing to do with them....Unfortunately, I would think that it is now too late for a chargeback just seeing when it first started, however well worth a try....It's not Wentworth who get you your money back it's your bank.

ha the bank have refunded the money into my account but i want to speak to them to ask why they work the way they do theyre quick enough to take it but not pay it back, i wasnt aware of the charge back thing ur on about lol. no worries ive wised up now and im not gonna pay anything to anyone especially not these

• 1 month later...

I was bombarded with emails from wentworth and I stupidly accepted their offer of a loan. They told me about the admin fee and took my card number and expiry date to confirm that it was a U.K based bank account. It was only after doing a search on google that I found this forum and read all of the horror stories about this company taking payment without consent etc so I managed to cancel my card without them dipping their grubby little fingers into my account. Thanks for helping me have a lucky escape! Can't believe they are still getting away with this !

Roseandez Re: Wentworth Direct FinanceI was bombarded with emails from wentworth and I stupidly accepted their offer of a loan. They told me about the admin fee and took my card number and expiry date to confirm that it was a U.K based bank account. It was only after doing a search on google that I found this forum and read all of the horror stories about this company taking payment without consent etc so I managed to cancel my card without them dipping their grubby little fingers into my account. Thanks for helping me have a lucky escape! Can't believe they are still getting away with this ! Glad you cancelled ur card although i bet that was a bit of hassle, its actually quite funny i sent my letter off in november and finally got a refund 2 weeks or so ago, this company is full of parasites plain and simple. needless to say i wont be applying for a loan in a hurry will just get by with wat ive got

Roseandez Re: Wentworth Direct FinanceI was bombarded with emails from wentworth and I stupidly accepted their offer of a loan. They told me about the admin fee and took my card number and expiry date to confirm that it was a U.K based bank account. It was only after doing a search on google that I found this forum and read all of the horror stories about this company taking payment without consent etc so I managed to cancel my card without them dipping their grubby little fingers into my account. Thanks for helping me have a lucky escape! Can't believe they are still getting away with this ! Glad you cancelled ur card although i bet that was a bit of hassle, its actually quite funny i sent my letter off in november and finally got a refund 2 weeks or so ago, this company is full of parasites plain and simple. needless to say i wont be applying for a loan in a hurry will just get by with wat ive got

**glad you got your money back but its a shame to go through so much hassle!! Found a review site for wentworth and I'm sure they've got their employees writing fake glowing reviews, giving themselves 5 stars and talking all kinds of rubbish about how fantastic they are!?!? In amongst those reviews however are ones from real people that have been conned by this company stating how they have been duped out of their £59. Got my loan agreement papers in the post today and I'm so tempted to send them back with a few choice words grrrrrrrrrr hope they get what's coming to them

• 2 weeks later...

I made an application via Wentworth and it was then passed to a company called Ralph Marlon Loans who did offer me a loan with extortionate interest rates which I declined. I called consumer direct who gave me some direction on what to write in a letter, see below:

DO NOT IGNORE THIS NOTICE

Notice to Principal isNotice to Agent; Notice to Agent is Notice to Principal.

Loan Ref Number:

To whom it may concern.

I am writing to request afull refund of the broker fee of £139.90 that was taken from my debit card twice.It is my belief that during the original contact over the phone with Wentworth Direct Finance that there was misrepresentation when it came to loan application process, lending and approval criteria.

At the time I was toldthat I had met the lending criteria and that I had been approved for a loan when in fact this was not the case. Misrepresentation also took place in theliterature that you sent out in relation to the illustration of loan amount, amount repayable and the APR which was quoted at 22%, this again is not a true reflection.

It is my belief that onthe basis of the information given I parted with the £69.95 broker’s fee under false pretences, you then took the fee again on the 2nd March 2012 without authorisation. As such youare given 7 days to refund the fee in full.

In DEMANDING an upfront payment fortheir brokerage services Wentworth Finance act unlawfully: the licence issued to them by the Office of Fair Trading limits brokers to a nominal £5 sum foradministrative costs.I have reported this practice toconsumer Direct and will be raising a complaint with the FSA, Office of FairTrading and Trading Standards.

This was sent recorded delivery Saturday 3rd March.

I received a text this morning which reads: Your refund has been completed. Funds should reach your account within 5 working days.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Do not fall for this company. I applied for a loan and was told i was accepted 2 years ago and Im still waiting for my £59 back. Today i reported them to the action fraud site. I was told by them to advise anyone else who has been conned by them to call 0300 123 2040.

They havent ever called me back since receiving my money and ive called them on numerous occasions to no avail. If enough people call something should be done about it.

Do not fall for this company. I applied for a loan and was told i was accepted 2 years ago and Im still waiting for my £59 back. Today i reported them to the action fraud site. I was told by them to advise anyone else who has been conned by them to call 0300 123 2040.

They havent ever called me back since receiving my money and ive called them on numerous occasions to no avail. If enough people call something should be done about it.

You should have reported these clowns to trading standards and commenced proceedings in the county court from what they stole from you.

I was lucky today, I had just agreed to pay Wentworth £69.95 over the phone, when I ended the call my instinct was telling me something wasn't right, I then logged on here to see all the forums about Wentworth. I immediatly rang my bank who told me the payment had not yet been processed, so cancelled my card. Thank you all who reported them on here, without you I'd have been another one of their [problem] victims.

• 2 weeks later...

Re Wentworth Finance

DO NOT TOUCH THESE PEOPLE EVER! Told them it was just an enquiry took my card number only to confirm UK bank account.

Never submitted an application, wrote to cancel any information as read about other peoples complaints 3 weeks later they took 69.95 out of my bank without any signature, agreement or card exp dates or sec code. Waiting for a cheque they said they have sent me . Wont hold my breath. I have contacted the Financial Ombudsman as I think this company are frauds and should be shut down . BEWARE

• 2 months later...

Wentworth Direct Finance has changed tactic's once again.

There not asking for a brokerage fee anymore (not at least with the calls I've had.)

They are now saying they have my loan ready to transfer. I need to prove my pay-ability by paying the first month upfront. So far this has ranged from £102 - £120.

When I ask them to confirm and give me a 100% guarantee they say yes I have the loan but i need to pay the first month first.

When I say you want me to pay the first month upfront they're 'no your not paying it upfront your just paying the first month.'

I will keep you updated as I'm getting approx 15 calls aday from them (almost the same number only last 4 digits change and different company names. But same request all the time.)

Just an update: Had another phone call. This time from a female called Miss. Susan William.

Went throught the same stuff ... This time got told she would email me full confirmation.. Still waiting.

Just checked them out on the various registers and found out that in an email they sent me the Data Protection Register number is completely incorrect. There's not just a typo but the number they are registered with and the one they provided was different.

The CCA registration number is under renewal and has been since 2010.

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Capital First Loans UK Wentworth Direct Finance

Issued Date: 05-May-2000

Renewal in Progress:

Event TypeDate of ReceiptClosed DateStatusRenewal15-Apr-2010 Open

Legal Formation:

Sole Trader

Sorry if the above paste is not allowed.

Will update as soon as I hear anything else.

Edited by thecableguy
Update on information and phone calls.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks