DreamX VS A&L

DreamX
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey everybody,

Already got my statements for the last six years but they sent it to the wrong house which was nice of them! Anyway, sent them the first letter asking for my £1,500 back still waiting on their responce. I sent my first letter to the customer service centre (bootle) via recorded delivery and i read somewhere that a&l dont sign for their letters? could someone else verify if this is the case or not.

Thanks

DreamX

Hey again,

Sent my prelim letter on the 1/2/07, checked today on the royal mail website tracking and it still says they haven't signed for it...is this normal? should I wait a little longer? Please help as I am trying to stick to the timescale!

Many thanks

Hey everybody!

Recieved my reply today from a & l, they basically said they have had a look at my charges and considered my feelings but they would still like me to **** off. Well, just play the waiting game now for the remainder of the 14 days.

Also, as I do not earn alot etc, i will be applying to be exempt from claim fees. Does anyone have a guide to how i go about the form filling and is it any different? Should I allow myself more time to start the claim as I need to fill in the exemption form? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hello again,

Well It's been a long time since I posted last and alot has happened!!! So I issued my claim which was deemed for the 9th of march...recieved a cheque for the full settlement on the 14th of march...yay!!! But wait, their cheque bounced and was returned?? So now what? I contacted a+l today and apparently a manager is going to call me back on the matter. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again, Sorry It has been so long!

Anyway, I recieved my call back from a manager and I was told that the cheque had come from an unlimited fund account, so it was impossible for it to bounce. He told me It must had been an error from my parachute with halifax, and that I would have to wait until I recieved the bounced cheque back to inform him of the reason. I explained to him that the reason was irrelevant and if he wanted to wait for me to recieve the cheque back then by all means he could, but bear in mind the claim date is ticking away...He gave me his direct number and the call was ended...

I woke up the next morning to find the money in full was deposited as a cash transaction into my parachute account! I assume my two banks must have contacted one and other to arrange this? I still don't quite understand how it was done with cash but never mind. All is well and I WON!!!

Thanks to all in this site, It has been a great help!!!

THE END