Admiralty & Commercial Registry, Royal Courts of Justice???

Brainstorm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon to all on the frontline.

I've just received a letter from my local County Court (Bromley) and it reads:

Before DISTRICT JUDGE THOMAS sitting at Bromley County Court, College Road, Kent, BRI 3PX.

Upon the Judge considering the claim on allocation

IT IS ORDERED THAT

The claim be transferred to the Admiralty & Commercial Registry, Royal Courts of Justice, Strand WC2 2LL

What does this mean and how does it impact my case? Has anyone else had this? Could this be a test case?

Brainstorm

Interesting but not really a new thing. It's an alternative to the Mercantile Court route and is probably a better route as the commercial court deals specifically with banking. It does have more power than the Mercantile Court in certain areas.

Have a look here Admiralty, Commercial and London Mercantile Courts

Don't be scared by it but do read it thoroughly.

Paul

• Haha 1

Advice given is either my experience or my opinion and is given without liability. If in doubt, consult a qualified professional.

If you PM me for advice I will only reply in your own thread

Never under estimate your ability. I won over £17,000!

For the full story - look here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/17630-thecobbettslayer-NatWest.html

Ok, but is this something instigated by Cobbetts or has the local Court transferred it because this Commercial Court deals specifically with Banking ?

Is the procedure the same? Does anyone have any stories about going this route?

Brainstorm

• 2 weeks later...

I received this letter from the Royal Courts of Justice Group, it read as follows:

Dear Sir,

RE: 2007 folio xxx Brainstorm v National Westminister Bank Plc

Your case has been transferred to the London Mercantile Court which is based within the Admiralty and Commercial Court at the Royal Courts of Justice, Strand, London, WC2A 2LL. Please see, for guidance, CPR 59 and the Practice Direction.

Your case has been allocated the number 2007 FOLIO XXX this number to be used in future correspondence.

There will be a Small Claims Hearing in this case and several others which raise the same or similiar issues at 9.30 on 26th February 2007. The hearing is intended to give directions for the hearing of some or all these cases in a way which saves time and expense. It is hoped that all parties will attend but if this is not practicable the Court will be pleased to consider the written views of any party provided that these reach the Court by no later than 21st February 2007.

Although some of these cases have been allocated to the Multi Track, it is the provisional view of the Judge that the costs rules for the Small Claims Track should apply to all of them.

Do not hesitate to contact this office with any queries you may have

Yours faithfully

It sounds to me that the Courts are aware of the Banks' games and are trying to limit the expense on their part. Is this about the gist of it?