Jess v A+L ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I might ring tomorro then and see what they have to say, i can do without the hassle of printing off another bundle for myself and the stressful trip to court!

Feels like a lost little girl x

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya, can anyone point me in the direction of any nudge letters...With just over a week to court i want to give them a little prod!

Hi jess

give wragge a ring.they will make you a good offer,i phoned today and they offered me a 4k my court date was 7th Aug ,they said the offer was sent out friday 27th by post

going to accept so give them a call first thing

best of luck

jono

Ok i rang them today and they apparently didn't even know we were in court tomorrow. They apparently hadn't been notified by the courts o.0 I knew since 25th JUne. I asked about settling and they are going to confer with there clients and ring me in the morning BUT they want me to cancel the court 2morrow although i wont have the money or anything in writing o,0 me thinks not, so can i go to court and ask them for a week to pay me the money? this is obviously presuming they settle.... will know in the morning

Hi Jess,

Similar situation to me ... Wragge had "no idea" about court tomorrow, even though I've told them many times on the 'phone and by letter:rolleyes:

Presumably you're up in court p.m.? Wait and see what happens in the morning and give the court a ring. I would think though the court will want it in writing from Wragge that they're going to settle, they certainly did at my local court.

It may mean a trip to court for you, but you'll win by default, so no need to worry.icon10.gif Don't forget those "wasted costs" by the way (link in A-Z in my signature).

Good luck whatever Jess, you deserve iticon7.gif

Mimi x

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Awww i hope so hunny, do you have to put wasted costs in at same time or can i do it after, my head wont take much more on at the minute... and as soon as this is sorted i am going to submit new claim as well

I submitted a wasted cost draft order and schedule when applying for "judgement" a couple of weeks ago. Just prepared another letter to take in tomorrow morning (when hopefully the cheque arrives!) asking them to keep the case open 'til the cheque clears and saying it would be a waste of the court's time to turn up at the hearing (SIL VERY relieved!).

When the cheque clears, I'll do a copy of all the wasted costs stuff and enclose it with notification of clearance, so up to you really, but don't see why you can't leave it until you know what's happening and they've paid up.icon7.gif

Alternatively, you could take it to court tomorrow, but there's a fair bit to prepare, so I'd give yourself a rest for now Jess ... I know how all gets to you, it's seems never-ending:rolleyes:

Mimi x

your claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Ok well they rang about half hour ago and agreed to settle but i said i didn't want to cancel the court until i had something in writing, so i put the phone down and went jumped for joy and fell full length :(

I rang the court and they want me to attend the hearing and tell the judge they wish to settle but i want something in writing/cash in bank before i cancel so request an adjournment to give fund times to clear.

Fingers crossed anyway.

Great, well done Jess and good luckicon7.gif

I'll be updating my thread a little later (busy typing letters for SIL), but great news ... she's received cheque for full amount this morning by DHL courier!! She's just rung the court and is taking a letter down to them shortly after collecting from me, together with letter to A&L and another one to go to the court when cheque's cleared.

The wine's chilling in the fridge for when she gets hereicon10.gif

Keep us informed as things happen!

Mimi x

your claim

Brilliant news Jess. I look forward to changing your thread title soon, but please be careful when celebrating. They won't let you crack open the champagne in the accident and emergency department you know.;)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Ok just back from the court and i didn't need to go anyway as Wragge had sent a fax through to say it was settled, im tentatively waiting for the money to appear in the bank :D

While i was at the court i spent the time chatting to a couple of people who were there reclaiming there charges. Yorkshire bank stood firm and refused to pay out until the test case was sorted and the judge agreed, Barclays i think went off with tail between legs but im not sure, and Lloyds TSB were trying all the tricks they could, thankfully i was stood talking to the 2 Lloyds claimants and had forewarned them thanks to info from here what they would try. The gent i advised to go in and make them offer in court so he had it officially as the solicitor appeared and handed him an offer then told him he couldn't mention it in court. The lady i have invited here, Lloyds solicitor went for her all guns blazing basically telling her he was going to get it struck out for insufficiant POC and a spelling error on her N1... petty or wot, so i suggested ways for her to cover herself and the judge made allowances for her not being a lawyer and instead of striking it out made sure she cud keep the money already paid to her and adjourn her case for the rest of her money til after the test case. I invited her here as the steps she had been following from the other site seemed to have left her ill prepared. So on top of getting chatted up by the security guard and him telling me i was beautiful and he would walk me anywhere (:eek: i looked a total scuff after my daughter had thrown up on me and i threw on all i had left clean) it was a fun and eventful afternoon..... Fingers crossed money is with me soon then i can make a donation. Just want to say a big big big thank you to everyone for there help and lets see where the test case gets us :D

Looking good Jess. Well done and thanks for the info about the other claimants and banks too.

Which court was this?

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Doncaster County Court, sorry i nipped back out or would have replied straight away..

Also spoke to the guys at Robinson Holbrook and he said something about a ruling which states that the banks cant just hold off on cases until test case is complete and that each case had to be fought individually on its own merits. Not sure if you know more about this, i was a bit dazed or would have written the information down.

Thanks Jess. Very helpful. I think he was probably just confirming that all cases can't be stayed just because of the OFT test case, whatever the banks would like everyone to think.

Welldone Jess

They try to scare us with talk of having all the cases stayed, yet they still pay out, what a bunch of morons. Cant wait to see what my court decides:).

Brilliant news for you and Mimi, payouts were a bit few and far between latley, but their coming thick and fast now. Bring it on

Caza

Well the money hasn't reached my account and there is no cheque either so cynical old me is stressing again....

Isn't there a postal strike today? Did the judge leave your case open until you get settlement or give any instruction as to how long they had to pay you?

I don't think you need to worry too much Jess if they've told the court it's settled. They can't really go back on it now.

hi jess - it may be down to the postal strike as caro mentions.

we have had no postal service for 2 days now,

our local post office is open, but we're not receiving mail.

the post office is just hitting random areas each week

to catch everyone off guard.

cheque will be here soon.

don't worry :p

alice in sootyland

xxx

Ok i am dancing with joy ;) well if ya dont count the limp from when i fell yesterday :D just logged into my account and the money is in my account wooooottttttttt !!!!!!

FANTASTIC:lol: :lol: :lol:

:D WELL DONE :D

You deserve every penny - are you going to be extravagant or practical with the dosh?

Dont go off and leave us will you?

jan:p

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Nooooo when this is sorted im going to start on a new claim for the charges incurred since i started court process.... think thats another £180 ish :) I'm going to donate as much as i can afford and i want to stick around and help, try give a little back